Chapter 19

Chapter XIII

"I call that he be made a primordial!" Helena suggested, spreading her arms out showing her exasperation. Percy exhaled softly, calming himself down. The only people that really stood up for him were Helena, Athena and Serena (who was the shrewd looking woman) while the other four, Rowan (who was Mrs. Mouse,) Vlahos (Mr. Creepy eyes), Alator (Mr. Grump) and the fat man, whose name was Gluttony.

Percy had always had a hard time after that keeping a straight face around Gluttony. Gluttony was actually the one that was a wild card; there would be times when he would vote for something in his favor while in others he would vote against him.

Percy hated politics and their mad schemes.

Athena seemed to have heard his thought, because she raised an eyebrow at him and he sighed wearily, huffing slightly as he crossed his arms. It is not my fault, they're always trying to kill me, or Vlahos stares at me.

He watched as she covered a smile with her hand discretely. Tell me about it, she thought back at him and he slipped his foot out of his sandal. But this time it really isn't your fault... mostly. They weren't happy when you went to Gaea's realm alone.

Percy chuckled quietly and Alator looked over at him sternly. "Is there something amusing, Torrent?" he questioned sharply. Percy shook his head, thinking a thousand miles a minute.

"No, sir," he replied semi-respectfully. There was no way he was going to lick his boots. "I was remembering a good experience." Alator raised an eyebrow at him but didn't say anything. Helena, who was now in a younger more youthful form, gave him thumbs up from behind his back. Percy bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from smiling when Rowan glared at her. "May I speak?"  He asked and all seven turned to look at him in surprise. He had always tried to keep to himself doing these meetings, preferring just to listen in.

"You may." Athena granted his request and Percy flashed a grateful smile toward her.

Percy cleared his throat and he stood up. "Nico- I'm sorry, Shadow has been a warrior for over six hundred years." he began his speech, wincing mentally as he accidentally used his cousin's christened name. "In those many years, he has proven his loyalty to Vanguard many times over. For Hades' sake, he even managed to warn us against Void!" He began pacing as the words leapt from his heart into his head. He had no idea how they were coming, he was never good at speeches, but he said them anyways. "He managed to save Alpha's life many times, and I can't even begin to count how many times he's saved mine." He stopped pacing and glared at the seemingly frozen council in the eye. "He has been patient over those years, but his time to be named a primordial has been long past due, just like his being named as a warrior was. I am ashamed of myself that I never spoke up before."

Silence reigned the room as Percy glared at them, not even bothering trying to calm himself down. This was one time that he needed his emotions with him. Athena nodded approvingly at him and he crossed his arms, relaxing slightly. At least he hadn't offended her. Suddenly Alator started chuckling and he turned to look at him in shock. He had never heard of a chuckle from Mr. Grumpy before.

"Finally." he laughed, bending over. "You finally speak, my son." He continued happily and Percy only grew to be more confused. Alator stood up and before his eyes; he shifted into a familiar form. Percy backed up, stunned at the face that he saw. Identical sea-green eyes stared back at him and Percy shook his head.

"No." he growled, finally getting a hold over his shock. He spun on his heel and tried to not look at him. He stared up at Athena, who looked sad but resigned. He lowered his eyes to the ground. "I am not your son." He enunciated clearly, he spun to glare at the sea god as the rest of the council seemed to watch them with interest. Poseidon sighed and nodded.

"No, you are not. You are the sea god's son."

Percy blinked, taken utterly aback. "Huh?" he asked smartly. Really, no one could blame him for being confused. He was being faced with someone who looked exactly like his father, but claimed that he was not his son. Not that he minded, of course, he was just really, really confused.

"I may look like Poseidon, but I am not him. I am Poseidon's father."

Percy nodded slowly. It was getting way to bizarre for his taste. "Right, and I'm Zeus." He retorted sarcastically. The council eyed him with interest so he added hurriedly, "I'm not by the way." Several of them rolled their eyes, but Athena sat back, her eyes amused as she bit her fingernail. Another thing that separated her from Annabeth- Annabeth had had no fingernails to bite off. "I thought Kronos was Poseidon's father." He added, turning to the not-Poseidon. Not-Poseidon shook his head.

"He isn't. Poseidon was my son- that is what made him different from the rest of the Olympians, which is why he is able to use the Atlantian tongue." Athena sat up, her eyes sharp suddenly. Percy gaped in flat out disbelief at not-Poseidon. Not-Poseidon smirked wryly.

"Isn't Atlantis a country that Zeus destroyed?"

Not-Poseidon looked annoyed. Perhaps another myth was wrong. "Nope, Zeus didn't destroy it- I did. Atlantis was a continent in-between American and Europe, smack in the middle of the Atlantic. Besides, I only sank it because the people were getting greedy and Zeus was getting interested in it."

Percy slowly nodded, pretending that he had understood that miniature rant. He shifted, and then raised an eyebrow. "Then... who are you?"

Not-Poseidon shifted back into Alator form and Percy felt himself make a strange face. "I am Alator." He walked back to the dais and sat down in one of the chairs. Percy nodded slowly.

He had no idea what just happened.

Athena eyed Alator/Not-Poseidon strangely before she cleared her throat. "All in favor of making Shadow a primordial?"

Everyone raised their hands. Perhaps Percy's speech had worked after all, despite the really weird situation.