Epilogue

Epilogue

Two Years Later

Even though Percy and Annabeth said that they would get married in six months, it was not possible. For one, they had to deal with the aftermath of the battle with Void. Then Percy was named as the official ruler of the universe (by Alpha no less) and he had to get used to the new position. Then grief started to kick in and Annabeth would have nightmares of the battle, which caused a halt to the preparations as she battled out the nightmares. Not that that was anything new, nightmares followed her after Tartarus for a while and she had Percy to help both times.  

But now she wore a white dress etched with silver and gold patterns walked down the aisle, smiling slightly as her curls bounced slightly with each gentle step. Her feet were bare, but no one questioned her odd taste.

Percy stood in a black tux couldn't take his eyes off her and he was smiling slightly as she padded through the middle aisle.

As she reached him, he held his hand out and she gently intertwined her fingers with his. "You look beautiful," he breathed and she smiled a little bashfully. They turned to face the Apprentice to Chaos; Alpha and he smiled at them.

The normal earthen ritual proceeded, although neither Percy nor Annabeth heard what the apprentice was saying. Jonathan knew that, but he didn't seem to mind. In fact he was smiling slightly.

"Percy," he spoke up and the recently crowned Heir of Chaos knew that it was his cue. Especially when he saw the silver crown with flowers ingrained into the pattern—it was the crown of Nyx.

Annabeth got on one knee and he took the crown gently and turned to her.

"I call upon the powers of the universe to name this woman as Nyx." He murmured, although his voice carried clearly through the halls. Someone sobbed loudly—probably Piper or Silena. The crown settled into her hair and she smiled slightly as her hand rested in his. Gold, silver, sea-green, grey and white surrounded them, this time not to battle an enemy, but to unite them forever in simple, pure and innocent matrimony. "Do you promise to watch over the universes?"

And so the vows toward her newfound homeland began.

As they finished she was surrounded in white light and her chin lifted up and her eyes closed as she accepted the power officially. "Then rise, Aurora, primordial of the dawn, truth and wisdom."

He guided her up, with a gentle smile and she leaned forward and kissed him. It was a sweet kiss, and both of them were smiling into it. The sun beamed through the windows and shone down, creating an ethereal glow around them. They pulled apart slowly and Percy led her to her throne. She sat down, her bare toes hitting the ground and they smiled at each other.

"Long Live the Queen!" Nico's joyous shout rang through the halls.

"LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!" the people roared cheerfully, echoing the Son of Hades. Percy grinned at her and she smiled a little bashfully and squeezed his hand.

~...~

Though it may seem as if the journey has ended, it has only just begun, for the Forgotten Warrior and the Lady of Dawn has just started a brand new chapter of their lives. They shall not walk where path may lead them; they go instead to where there is no path and leave a trail.

 The End