Chapter 20

Chapter XIV

Percy smiled as Nico knelt before Chaos, a soft peaceful smile on his face. Chaos seemed to have noticed it as well, but he didn't say anything. Bianca shifted next to him, sniffling slightly and Percy huffed. Girls were so weird sometimes. Anyways, Chaos had been talking for the past ten minutes, saying what he had to say to appease the council. Who actually weren't acting to horribly?

"...Perseus." He finished, and Percy looked up, suddenly regretting the fact that he had spaced out.

"Uh... sir?" he questioned. Several people laughed and Nico grinned almost blindingly at him. Percy shifted, feeling his face become slightly red. Bianca elbowed him.

"He needs a sponsor." She hissed in his ear. Percy wondered why no one told him earlier when they were practicing. Perhaps they just wanted a good laugh at him. Not that he minded, not at all.

He coughed and nodded. "I sponsor him." Chaos smiled at him and turned back to Nico.

"Then I name you Shadow, Warrior of Chaos and Primordial of Anger and Death."  Nico raised an eyebrow, looking faintly surprised, but he smiled anyways and turned to the crowd. Bianca, not one to keep to tradition, ran forward and tackled him in a hug. Nico didn't stumble; instead he caught her and swung her around, somehow hugging her in the process. Both siblings were laughing and Percy grinned. Chaos winked at him, and like Snape did in that Harry Potter movie, he spun on his heel, bringing his cloak up and disappeared.

~...~

"...rise, Adrianna, Warrior of Chaos and primordial of fear and secrecy.

~...~

Two hundred years later, Bianca suddenly went after Percy, screaming his name and he spun around, his eyes widening as she suddenly tackled him in a hug, wrapping her arms around him as tears clung to her eyes. "Please don't leave me." she whispered, her eyes full of horror. Percy's mouth opened slightly, and then it shut as he gazed down at her tearstained face. She must have had a nightmare.

"No, Bianca," he murmured quietly, although he was confused. "Of course I won't leave you- I wasn't even planning to." She sniffled and hugged him again and he returned it, even though he was just so confused.

~...~

Percy ducked under her swing and caught it in his hand. Zoe glared at him but she didn't move. Percy raised an eyebrow at her, impressed, and he let go. She tilted her head and he smirked. "Shut up." She muttered in fond annoyance. Percy grinned and moved toward the back. She followed him and watched as he pulled out a huge awkward looking box, and then he marched back into the open, holding it up as it knocked against his knees. The cloak trailed behind him, but the hood was down.

He loved his cloak way too much. And to think that he had hated it before...Percy shook his head, chuckling slightly as he pulled the lid up, being reminded of his mentor and his nefarious ways. Zoe literally held her breath as he held up the infamous stone and she blinked.

"It is a rock." She deadpanned.

Percy smirked, almost the same reaction as well. "Trust me; it's not just any old rock." He muttered drily, glaring at it. Zoe raised an eyebrow.

~...~

"Bianca?" he called out to her, and she turned, the moonlight shining off her hair. He tilted his head in slight confusion. "You alright?" he asked in concern. She smiled slightly and nodded.

"I am fine." She reassured and stepped up so that her lack of height was suddenly very visible. Percy tilted his head at her as she smiled. "Luke and Zoe are going to get to be warriors soon." She murmured and Percy smiled down at her and nodded.

"Mmm-hmm." he was distracted by the way that the moonlight rippled off her hair. Then he wondered why he was distracted by her hair in the first place, it didn't make any sense. Actually, he had been noticing a lot of stuff about her today that he wouldn't normally. He wondered if he was under some kind of spell.

She smiled at him, fluttering her eyelashes slightly as she reached up to kiss his cheek. "Just reminding you." She cheerfully murmured. Percy moved suddenly, just as she was about to plant it on his cheek, and somehow her lips were on his. Both pairs of eyes widened as they broke apart.

"I'm so sorry!" He yelped. She shook her head.

"Do not be." She replied, blushing slightly. Both of them looked at each other and then they fled. Percy ran down the halls, and he slid to the ground with a groan as he held his face in his hands.

What in the world had just happened?

~...~

Luke knelt before Chaos and Percy shifted. The flowers that had been braided in Zoe's hair were still perfect, even after an hour of standing and waiting around. Bianca had the same kind in her hair, which was held up and braided back. He had heard Zoe call it a bun before, but he wasn't sure.

What the heck did he feel to her?

Nico looked up at him, his eyes confused, and then became knowing and he rolled his eyes. "...I name you Ripcurrent, Warrior of Chaos and primordial of Fallen Heroes, peace and joy." Percy raised an eyebrow as everyone gasped. He wondered what the deity was planning now. Chaos had a slight smirk on his lips as he turned to Zoe and repeated the same process, naming her Lilianna, Primordial of Night, sorrow and inner beauty. Everyone clapped and Percy grinned, joining them.

Then suddenly Chaos turned to Percy and gestured for him to come forward. Percy blinked and took a few tentative steps until Nico and Bianca both gave him a light push and he straightened his shoulders and met Chaos' eye. Chaos smiled wryly at him. "Though he has been acting as such for many years, Torrent has not been formally named Apprentice to Chaos once my old one, Alpha, disappeared." Percy began to form a nasty suspicion about where this was going and began to curse the deity in his head. Alpha would come back! Chaos met his eyes, and he looked apologetic. Percy blinked in confusion. "It is time that that is made official. Kneel, Perseus." His voice carried across the dead silence. Percy knelt at his feet, but he kept his head up. He knew that while being named a Hero or a Warrior, you would bow your head, but when being named an Apprentice to Chaos, you don't. Alpha had explained that to him once. Chaos smiled at him. "I name you Torrent, Apprentice to Chaos, the Forgotten Warrior, First Warrior of Chaos and Primordial of..." Percy seriously had hoped that he wouldn't name all of his titles, but unfortunately he decided that he had. At least he included any of the ones he had acquired on Earth. "...Loyalty, Hope, Betrayal, Trust, Currents and Swordsmanship." he felt his eyes widen and Chaos smiled sympathetically at him.

It's the only way.

Then, Percy understood why.