Chapter 17

Chapter XI

Percy crouched in front of Bianca, holding his knife up readying himself for her charge. It had been four weeks since Alpha had left and his duties as the Apprentice to Chaos had been passed onto him temporarily. He had only just gotten away from them; Chaos had noticed that his ADHD was starting to act up, so he had sent him down here to spar with Bianca.

Who was way too thrilled back the arrangement for Percy's liking but that didn't matter. If she was happy, then he was happy, apprehensive, yeah, but happy.

"Come at me, Perseus, I know you want to. You have been cooped up for days on end, leaving me with only Nico as a sparring partner." She taunted and Percy rolled his eyes. Hadn't she learned not to antagonize him by now? Apparently she hadn't, but he wasn't really annoyed. Amused would be more like it. Plus, he had missed sparring with her more then he would like to admit it.

"I really don't want to accidentally hurt you." He replied reluctantly.

That was the wrong thing to say. She darted forward, jumping up and bringing her sword down on him. Percy did the only thing that came naturally. He blocked it with Riptide, a move that he had been taught when he had only been a demigod. She grinned and he huffed as she attacked him again, but this time not as lethally. He parried easily and they began to truly fight. Their feet move in sync, almost as if they were dancing but the sharp bronze swords showed that they weren't. Miniature storm clouds built underneath Percy's feet without him realizing it and Bianca's face seemed to light up with almost deadly, but completely natural beauty.

"Its on." He responded to her challenge as he laughed gleefully, his eyes alight with fire. She smirked and held up her sword in cheeky reply.

"Come at me then buddy."

~...~

"NICO!" she screamed and Percy darted forward, tackling his cousin in the process. A huge ball of fire sailed over their heads and landed right where Nico had been. Percy threw his arms out and a shield of water erupted out of the ground, blocking the fire as it exploded. They all turned to shield their eyes, and Percy reached out toward Bianca. It's alright; he's going to be fine. He thought to her, wondering if it would work. She jumped slightly and he figured that she had, and then he turned back to Nico who was staring at the fire with a slightly open mouth.

"Nico?" he asked cautiously. "Are you alright?" Nico smiled up at Percy and nodded slightly. He held his hand out and fire appeared out of the ground, but this was no normal fire, it was green.

Bianca crawled over to them, her eyes widening as she saw what Nico was controlling. "Is that..." she breathed slightly awed.

"Yeah." he responded and his eyes narrowed at the fire. "I didn't know I could use it."

Percy was confused, what was it? "Uh, what is it?" he asked as he kept his own wall of water up. In response, Nico threw the green fire at him and he caught it with both his hands. The wall of water stayed up. Both siblings stared at the fire, then at the water wall, and then at him with round eyes.

"You can control both of them?" they inquired at the same time, both of their expressions shocked. Percy nodded slowly, trying to show his confusion. He glanced at the other side, and saw that all the minions had fled. He tilted his head in surprise. "What does it feel like?" Nico asked quietly, and Percy looked up in surprise, then he frowned at the fire in his hand. It was almost exactly the same as real fire, just... colder, if that was possible.

"Cold." he replied in confusion. Nico nodded, as if he had expected the answer.

"It's the fires of hell."

Percy yelped and he threw the fire away from him. Nico smirked wryly and Percy pouted at his friend, before he threw his hand out and a grey portal appeared. Nico jumped back, his eyes wide with surprise. "Come on, let's get back to Chaos." he murmured quietly. Nico nodded and then he and Bianca jumped into the portal.

~...~

Percy stepped warily into the cave, holding his sword up. Okay, so it was really stupid that he had gone alone to Gaea's realm, but she didn't even know she had it. It was wild and free, like the Earth once was, and it was happy. Not as happy as Vanguard, of course, but pretty darn close to it. Don't ask him how he knew that, he didn't know.

He heard scuffles and he paced down into it a few more steps, wishing that his sword turned knife would not shine so much. "Luke!" someone, probably female, exclaimed. Percy crouched into a defensive offensive stance. "What are you doing here?"

"Me? I was having a good time in..." Percy didn't hear where he was for some reason. "Why in the world would I want to leave?"

"Who's there?" Percy called out, lighting his fingers on fire and he tripped over someone's leg. He yelped and shrank the knife, so that it would become a pen, so that he would not accidentally stab himself. He held the flame up higher and he looked at the two occupants that he had currently stumbled upon. The blonde's blue eyes widened in recognition and Percy stared at him.

It couldn't be them.

"Percy?" the blond asked warily. Percy let the flame travel to his palm so that he could make it bigger.

"I am called that." he acknowledged, wondering if he should stand up. Sitting on the floor was not a very dignified position. He stared at the person in front of him, and he bit his lip. "Luke?" he asked softly, turning toward the person next to the blond who may or may not be his old enemy once friend. "...Zoe?"

Both of them nodded. "It is us. But why are you here, Perseus? I thought you would be dead by now, and besides I do not think we are on Earth anymore." she murmured in that clear way of hers. Percy smiled dryly and he stood, holding a hand out to them. She took it first and he pulled her to her feet before he offered it to Luke. Luke stared at him before he took it and Percy repeated the same process.

"Things change, Zoe. I'm no longer that thirteen year old boy you remember." He smiled sadly at her and opened his palm, letting the fire brighten.