Chapter 50

Chapter Seven

Luke's POV

"Luke I think we're in the middle of Void..." Zoe muttered a little while later. Well, at least I think it is a little while later. For all I knew we could have been down here for years and not know it.

"You're right," I whispered back and pulled out backbiter, "We're getting closer to Chaos." Zoe pulled out the hairclip from her hair and it turned into a bow and she unclipped an earring from her ear and that turned into a sheath of arrows.

I turned around suddenly as I heard insane laughter as Zoe jumped and raised her bow and arrow. "Okay, I'm seriously considering murdering Void painfully." Zoe muttered and I cracked a smile. No matter how bad the situation Zoe could always make me smile.

Ah, so cute! You're totally in love with Zoe.

What? Wait, why is there a voice in my head and why am I talking to it? Great. Now, I'm going crazy.

No you're not! It's me, Aphrodite.

I thought you were- oh wait. Never mind. I don't want to know. Anyway, why would I be in love with Zoe?

Well, tell me why you wouldn't be. Aphrodite muttered and I could imagine her rolling her eyes at me in annoyance.

Zoe's my best friend. She had my back, she's saved my butt countless times, she's my partner in pranks, and she's... ugh. This is hard. I can't list good reasons to get you to go away.

So, you're admitting you're in love with Zoe? Aphrodite said smugly.

What? NO! I am not in love with my best friend. I yelped in my mind, but there was something else that was saying you're so in love with her.

Well, you're in denial. Why can't you just listen to you're heart? Seriously... why do I even try with the two most stubborn demigods... at least Percy and Annabeth weren't in denial... oh wait, never mind, they were harder then you two... Aphrodite started grumbling about love while I tried to ignore her.

Okay, what do you want Aphy?

Aphy? What inspired that? Anyways, I want you to admit that you're in love with Zoe and then tell Zoe that you love her.

What? Okay. Firstly, I am not going to tell Zoe that I love her, and secondly, I don't know if she loves me back.

Oh fine then. First you must admit that you love Zoe to yourself and then you will to me. After that you'll end up telling Zoe that you love her.

Ugh. Go away!

Fine, only for now though. Eros, who introduced himself as Bob, was talking to Zoe so I have to go. Goodbye young Demigod.

I raised a mental eyebrow before looking around and noticing where I was. "What? Zoe where ar-" I began then was cut off when Zoe put her hand on my mouth.

"Be quiet Luke," She hissed into my ear and I could hear the panic in her voice, "we're in Void's lair and I can see Chaos." She took a deep breath and continued, "He isn't looking to good Luke, and Void's draining his essence."

I looked at her my thoughts whirling and she nodded like she understood what I was thinking, "Luke, we have to get him out of there soon, or Chaos will fade."

I stared at her, trying to comprehend what she said then it clicked. "Does that mean..."

Zoe nodded and said gravely, "Yes Luke, if we don't rescue Chaos, all the universes, including Ashguard, will cease to exist, and all life will be gone, forever."