IV

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I sat in his car awkwardly as we left the garage, my first date with Neymar part 2. Our last one was purely a blind date, we went to a fairground and it was magical. The purple lights reflecting off his face as the hazardous rides flung us around, screaming in joy as my adrenaline boosted. Now our second first date was going to be in Paris, not as genuine and not as passionate as our actual first date. 

"Glad to see you weren't murdered in that hotel," He joked yet I could tell it was only to get rid of the awkward silence, he avoided eye contact. Keeping his eyes on the road and following the navigation around the maze of a city. 

I laughed slightly at his joke, leaning against the open window and staring at the city, he smiled at my enthusiasm as I pointed towards the Effiel Tower, slightly smacking his arm, "Oh please tell me that sightseeing is on the path of the papparazi!" 

He pulled the car over, "The rota today isn't that exciting, how about we ditch it and go sightseeing," He asked, leaning towards me with his head slightly tilted. "I mean it's either go see the Eiffel Tower or go to some fancy cafe downtown," He showed me the message his manager sent him, the day seemed boring, just going around Paris in the car stopping to get treats in places where we would most likely be photographed. 

"Are you asking me on a date?" I teased, already opening the car door, ready to explore the most beautiful city in the world. 

"Only if you'll have me," He flirted back, as he locked the car doors. Leaving such an expensive car in the middle of Paris seemed like a mistake but I'm sure he had the money to lose it. We began walking next to eachother on the pavement, he placed his hand in mine, trying to make a convincing spectacle of us dating. "Where are we going to go first?"

"I'm a bit hungry," I mentioned, looking up at him as we began to walk in the centre of town, hearing the gasps of onlooking fans, noticing their favourite footballer walking around with a woman they had never seen. "People are staring,"

"That's the point," He smirked, pulling me closer, his arm now laying along my shoulder as we walked towards a little cafe covered in pastel colours and a more wooden interior. On the sides there were booths and in the centre some little tables resided. 

We decided on a booth, sitting across from eachother as the waiter handed us little menus. "This place is adorable," I mentioned, a smile grew on his face,

"I knew you'd like it," We ordered our food, the waitress obviously recognising the international superstar stood in front of her and holding herself back from freaking out. As she left I began to think about the date he had at the party the other night. What was the deal with her? 

Should I ask? No, it's none of my business, I choose peace. Plus this is just a publicity stunt.

"I need a photo!" I announced, rushing to get my phone out of my bag and snapping a shot of the food. Quickly uploading it to my instagram story.

"You kept the purse?" He asked, noticing the ancient bag that I used to pull out my much more modern phone

"You kept the purse?" He asked, noticing the ancient bag that I used to pull out my much more modern phone. I looked up at him, deer in headlights, how was I supposed to respond to that? Yes, I've kept the bag you gave me 10 years ago and it's the only bag I've ever used??? I cannot say that.

"It's a cute bag," Fuck, what kind of an excuse was that? I could've bought another that didn't look absolutely battered or one similar to it. He laughed slightly, trying to cover his mouth with his hand, trying to not further embarrass me. 

"I remember buying it," I looked up at him in confusion, "It was originally for your birthday but then I had to go abroad so I waited till Christmas and your face just lit up when you got it. I felt guilty for making you wait so long, and now you're still wearing it so I feel even more guilty,"

"You want to know a secret," His head perked up at me, slightly nodding, "I knew you were going to give it to me, it slipped out of the wardroabe one day, on that day I decided it was going to be the only bag I will ever wear,"

He slowly picked up the bag, outlining our initials with his fingers and staring at it solemnly, as though a flood of memories had come back. "You're right, it is a cute bag," We both shared a laugh before he gave it back. "A bit rough around the edges"

We shared our meal, sharing old memories and remising on past jokes. It was everything 20 year old me dreamed of. But by the time we had finished a couple of hours had passed and it was time to go walk around Paris, hoping for photographs and media to completely devalue our personal space.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

We walked past the flashing cameras, trying to avoid unnecessary questions, rather clearing up rumours of what happened that night. He kept a close grip on my waist, trying to ensure I went behind him when we had to walk through large crowds or dangerous scenarios. I knew it was for the cameras but wow was it entrancing to be protected by him again. 

Watching as he handled media and reporters in a fierce way, not allowing any disrespect to come towards me, even if it meant completely leaving the area. As the day grew closer to night and the temperature began to drop. He offered his PSG jacket, I felt like a real football wife as we explored the city. 

"Have you ever been to the top of the Eiffel tower?" He asked, I was ecstatic, pulling him to the tower as he tried to bribe the worker to allow us up this late. After a couple of minutes of heckling and cash, he let us up.

It was beautiful, you could see the whole of Paris, it was all illuminated in golden tones. I could see every little shop, every restaurant, every cafe. An unreal experience. 

He drew me closer, placing his head on my shoulder as I held his hands whilst they were interlocked along my waist. I felt his head rest on mine.

It was all so perfect.

»»————- ♡ ————-««