XXVIII

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Belle?" I looked at the weeping woman standing in front of me, her hair soaked as the Paris rain drowned her. The dark smoky eye makeup she did every day now fell down her cheeks as she attempted to wipe her face.

"He- He cheated on me!" She cried, hugging me, and immediately I felt the water dripping down my back, soaking the tiny shirt I hadn't taken off since the morning.

Surprise wasn't the only emotion running through my head—a satisfying feeling of karma played on my lips. Yet I had to resist the smile appearing and find out what to do with the victim that appeared on my doorstep.

"Do you want to come inside?" I questioned. She gave an awkward nod before entering; guilt must've been infiltrating as she entered the life she attempted to take away.

We walked towards the living room, her coat and shoes hanging up against the radiator in an attempt to get rid of the ocean they had accumulated. Nothing but the TV spoke as she sipped on the tea I had brewed, not even daring to say a word. "What happened?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She joked with a fake laugh that was stopped when she realised I didn't mimic her. "I got home yesterday, and he was in bed with another girl. I tried to just ignore it, but she fiddled with the ring on her left hand. "We got into a fight this morning about it, and..." She took a deep breath, tears beginning to stream down her face again. "He told me to get out, that he only wanted me to get you angry."

I noticed her attachment to the rock on her finger; it was beautiful—a large diamond arranged in a trilogy with a golden band surrounding it, probably worth thousands.

"I'm sorry, Belle." I empathised, pulling her into a hug. Our arms wrapped around each other as we finally were reunited. I did feel bad; she had attempted to ruin my life, and she had fucked both of my exes yet now, as we held each other tightly, I realised I only missed her. "You can sleep here tonight; just take the spare room, and I'll get Ney to get your stuff tomorrow."

"Thank you." She began to walk away as I pointed towards the room. Shortly turning back, "I'm sorry." And with that half-assed apology, I was over it.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"She's in our house?" Ney whisper-shouted, closing the door to the kitchen for maximum privacy. "This is how people get murdered, Anna!"

"You're being dramatic," I responded, scrubbing and washing the dishes that had accumulated from dinner. "How was I supposed to say no?"

"I'm not being dramatic; she's going to steal your life. First, she'll skin you, and then she'll try-" I softly whacked him. A playful laugh playing on my tongue over how batshit crazy he was being.

"Oh, come on," I reached my hand underneath the tap and turned it off. A little water escaped from the closing valve. "She's been in her room all day!" I realised what he would say and immediately interrupted him. "Not planning my death!"

He let out an exasperated sigh, placed both hands on the counter, and surrounded me, closing the gap between us. "You're going to kill us both, amor." The warmth of his lips on my cheek as he spoke, a tender kiss joining us.

"We are good people!" I said, feeling his arm wrap around my waist as we swayed to the music. "We don't turn people away," I claimed; he scoffed slightly at my comment as I gave him a stern look.

We didn't say a word for a couple of minutes, simply swaying to whatever Alexa was playing. My silky gown danced gracefully with me, my head resting on his chest; it was a peaceful time until he spoke.

"I'll make sure they put us next to each other in the grave..."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I finished up my bedtime rituals, hissing at the cold lotion I had placed on my skin as the aroma of vanilla filled the room. My skin is already packed with moisture, my legs are freshly waxed, and my hair is secured in heatless curls.

I danced to the music in the background, my body shaking with the song as I focused on myself in the mirror for a second. A short second as Ney burst into the room, slightly panting. "Do you have-" He paused for a second as I gave him a disturbed look. "Belle needs-" I continued to stare at him, still rubbing whatever was left into my skin. "Just go talk to her!"

I covered myself in the pink gown, which was being heated by the radiator. The warmth caressed my skin as I went downstairs, wincing slightly at the cold, marble floors and the sound of my bare feet slapping against the floor.

I made my way to her room, gently knocking. My heart raced as the door silently cracked open. Her face was shy; I hadn't seen her without a stupid, arrogant grin for months, and it was finally gone. "Neymar said you needed me?"

"Yeah." She rubbed her neck, "I don't have any clothes, and I think I started my period. I just-" A shaky breath escaped her breath, her eyes looked as though they had a storm inside them; bloodshot red. She avoided eye-contact, and I couldn't blame her. "I don't know what to do with myself."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a monster, which meant that I felt pity watching the mourning woman in front of me. Plus, she hadn't eaten since she got here, and every time she attempted to leave, Ney made a snarky comment, which resulted in her hiding away. "When was the last time you ate?"

She shrugged, I could tell she was weak as her eyes pulled themselves down. Her usual large grin and lively attitude transformed into an intense frown, and not even able to speak without stuttering. Maybe it was karma?

"Go grab something to eat; I'll get some clothes."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

She had taken a long time to get ready, walking out of the bathroom in oversized t-shirts that used to fit her perfectly. She seemed startled as I lay on her bed, scrolling on my phone. I'm not even sure she ate.

She lingered around the bed for a moment before I patted the place beside me; inviting her to the bed. Hesitantly, she got in. "I don't want you to be alone tonight." I exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around me.

"You're too nice for your own good." She remarked. "I don't get why you're so nice..."

"How much better would I be than you if I threw you out on the road?" I answered, putting on some calm music to attempt to add peace to the awful situation. "You're a bitch, but you're my best friend." I'm not ready to let you go."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N: If this is ass it's cause I wrote it on a plane with about five hours sleep 😭.