XLIII

⚠️smut⚠️
»»————- ♡ ————-««

We entered a hotel room, something small, packed away in the corner as every other room was booked during mid-August in Venice. The ride home had been silent. Apart from an attempted conversation which had lasted for mere seconds and mimicked how animals speak to each other, we hadn't spoken.

I pondered if it would dawn on me, I was engaged. To-be-wed with my ex-boyfriend. That our entire marriage would be based on a two-day trip to my home city and repeated failures in the past.

I fiddled with my fingers, no ring, no real proof it had even happened unless the violinist would be an eye-witness. His Instagram still had posts with his current girlfriend, yet he never deleted anything about me so maybe it was even.

Who counts as the other woman? Originally me, but now we're engaged so I feel like I hold a hierarchy on the chart. Now she takes the crown for being the other woman.

His phone rang, instantly filling the small space as we both glanced over at it. Vittoria, her name held hearts around it and her profile picture was the two of them, wrapped around each other sharing a kiss. "I should-" he paused to make awkward eye contact, "I should get that."

I nodded, yet wasn't sure why I was agreeing as he entered the balcony to speak, which was useless as I heard his voice through the thin Italian walls.

There wasn't much, just a check-up as he held the phone close to his lips. His voice was coarse, not the usual friendliness he spoke with, almost as if he was trying to tell her something subliminally. Yet as they neared the end of the call he spoke again, "Love you."

Sure it wasn't as damaging as 'I love you', yet even the mention of love sent shudders down my spine. I was instantly startled as he slammed the balcony door shut, readjusting his body to the air-conditioned room as I noticed his dampened expression.

"How is she," I questioned, one corner of his lip turned upwards yet I couldn't decipher if it was a smile.

"She's good, she's always good. She's a good person." He spoke, and I swear I could see his pupils glistening. My eyes narrowed as we made awkward eye contact.

I sighed, he did aswell and the room fell thick with silence. An uncontrollable mix of regret and sadness held between us. I opened my mouth to speak yet nothing escaped.

I plopped onto the bed and the cheap duvet crinkled beneath me. He complied, placing himself at the end of the bed as we sat on opposite ends of the bed.

"We don't have to..." My sudden burst of speech made him rapidly turn his head towards me. "We could pretend this didn't happen." At that moment, I wished I could simply marry him and pretend the last ten years didn't happen. That we met and got married and spent the rest of our lives together. But alas. "You go back to her, and I go back to whoever will take me."

He shook his head. "But you said yes." I stared in slight confusion. "I asked you to marry me and you said yes."

"Would you prefer if I said no?"

He thought for a moment. "I wouldn't have preferred it but it would've been easier," he spoke. "But I guess we don't do easy."

We shared a laugh, our fingers creeping closer together as we edged further towards each other. "Yeah but who wants easy?" I asked.

My breath hitched as his hand trailed along my waist as he pulled himself closer. Our faces were now barely apart as I manoeuvred my body towards him. His eyes met mine, and he meticulously brushed any loose strands behind my ears.

I admired the details on his face, my eyes darting to every detail, from the freckle on his nose to the eyebags beginning to form and in return, his focus was purely on me.

A moment of admiration. His smile deepened as he looked closer at the mess that had been created. From the bun, I had wrangled my hair into the bushy brows I had forgotten to pluck.

I laughed slightly, beginning to position my head downwards as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What's so funny?" He asked with a playful smile as he meticulously pulled my face towards him again.

"Just very jealous of how you can look like that and I look like a sad excuse for a model after we had the same day of travelling Italy," I responded with a humorous tone yet he brushed me off.

"You look beautiful," I weakly pushed him away as his hands travelled down my face towards my body. "You always look beautiful." He whispered, sending chills across my neck as his lips started dancing along my skin.

I bit back a moan as he pulled me onto his lap, feeling his excitement underneath me and instantly my hands hurried to rip his clothes off, starting with the top and ending with the bottom.

He complied, beginning to traverse through my shirt and unhooking my bra with one swift motion and then using his fingers elsewhere. My knees buckled around him as my breath shakily escaped my lips.

I bit my lip as he began to play around inside me, laying me on my back so I could reach my maximum potential. His nose trailed along my stomach; my nails raking through his hair.

My stomach flipped as his tongue played against my inner thighs. His hands gripped my hips as my back arched into an attempted rainbow shape.

The intensity increased: my breath was faster, my body squirmed, and my moans were unable to suppress. Until finally, my body released its hold and my eyes found themselves back in place after being rolled deep into my head.

He emerged from the trenches with a joyful smile and a heartfelt kiss landed on my forehead. My breath was still swift as though I was deep-sea diving without an oxygen tank. "Was that good?" He inquired.

"Uh-huh," I breathily answered, my body still recovering from the stimulation I had received. "Are you okay?" I asked, my fingers trailing against his chest, noticing the excitement hadn't left.

He nodded as I began to give an inappropriate massage; taking in his entire length. He inhaled and pulled his head back, a soft noise escaping as he hit his head against the headboard. His fingers trailed along the line in my back as the velocity increased.

"Fuck," He groaned as he was nearing completion. The sheets had messed up around us and contoured around the festivities of the night.

A

fterwards, we cuddled, both naked and dishevelled, finding comfort in each other's arms. Our problems may not have vanished, but the connection we shared offered solace for the night.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N: am slightly ashamed of myself, both for this and for not updating in two weeks. I went to Turkey but there was no good Internet connection. Then my flight got cancelled so we decided to stay another 2 days for fun, but back in England (sadly) so here is something a bit raunchy