IX

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I rushed around the hotel room, the lights flickering in despair as today was my last day in France. My last day dating Neymar. I shoved my clothes in the suitcase, a lack of effort to neatly arrange everything. I would be in another hotel room tomorrow anyways. 

Diane had informed me of the plan, it wasn't dramatic, it wasn't substantial. It was simply unfollowing each other, we had both gained what we needed, and it was money. Yet luckily, he didn't just want to leave. He wanted one last moment. 

We were going to share one last date together, a celebration with his team. They had rented out an old pub following the recent victory. Personally, I would've preferred a more intimate ending, but alas we have done that once before. 

I left one dress out, it was the classiest dress I brought, a long lacy ruby dress, it draped along my body. Not turning in for curves rather caressing them, revealing my body in a gentle way. Unfortunately, I had also left out something a lot more comfortable for the plane ride, a lot less classy. 

I heard a soft knock as I struggled to put on my earrings, "Come in!" I yelled, I heard the door knob turn as it creaked open. Turning around to see Ney with a single red rose, a perfect smile spread across his face. 

"Olá, linda" He handed me the rose. Our hands slowly touched for a second as the waxy texture of the flower lingered on my fingertips. I rushed to an old book in my bag, placing the flower between the pages to capture the moment in time. Preserving our last moment. 

I rushed out of the room but he held his hand in front of the door, the viens drawing along his arm. "What is it now?" I stepped back, crossing my arms at his arrogance. He pulled something out of his pocket and handed it to me. 

A purse, a caramel colour with a gold chain, stitches trespassing along the sides as I noticed it was once again a prada bag. It was draped in leather, covered in wealth and beauty. I fixated on it for a moment. 

"It's time to move on from the old one," He looked down at my old purse, the battered coating piercing my skin, hurting me everytime I dared to hold it. I bit my lip before transferring the items, amazed at the luxury item he had bought me. 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

We walked into the pub, hearing the chants of the footballers, their voices unsynced and coated with alcohol. We were obviously somewhat late to the party but they didn't notice. Ney gently slid my coat off my shoulders, placing it along the side with the other designer coats. 

"Neymar!" Messi excitedly said, tumbling towards him for a hug, "You want a drink? We have all the drinks!" His voice was laced with alcohol, the slurred words instantly giving it away. Never would I have thought I'd meet Leo Messi whilst he was drunk. 

"I'm driving tonight Leo," he complained, trying to hold up Leo as he continued drinking. Leo disappointedly sighed and began to walk away, presumably for more alcohol. Ney placed his arm around me, "Do you want something to drink?" 

"I've got a flight tommorow," I answered, "If you want I can drive tonight and you can drink,"

"Do you really want a repeat of last time," He stood in front of me, a condescending smirk sprawled across his face as he reflected on the late night kiss that happened last time. I scoffed at his comments, pouring him a drink so he would shut up. "I'll take that as a yes," 

He shot down his drink as he pulled a sour face. He sat down on a stool, pulling me by the waist closer to him, his eyes gazing at mine as I kept my grip on his shoulders. Ignoring the rest of the team as they paraded around, marching to the beat of whatever song was playing. 

I felt his stubble scrape across my chin, his fingers moving up to my jaw, tracing each part of my body. My heart racing, my face flushed, my eyes beginning to close as my hands sauntered along the side of his head. 

"Anastasia," I instantly pulled away upon hearing that voice, it was Kylian. The man I had rejected last night. Stepping away from both of them, my breath was heavy as he smiled at his destruction. 

"Kylian, what are you doing here?" I questioned, I knew exactly why he was here, his devious tendencies hadn't stopped. I kept away from both of them, trying to keep a distance from both my ex-boyfriends,

"Oh you know, celebrating with my team," His words were sharp, you could hear slight anger in his voice as I gave a fake smile. Trying to disguise the tension to Neymar, who at this point had no idea what was happening. "You're really good at this pretend girlfriend thing," His sly words slid off his tongue as he took a sip of his beer.

"Are you two friends?" Ney inquired, obviously feeling the cut-throat tension that was filling the air with each second. I felt his fingers slide along my back as once again I was brought closer to him. 

"If you like to call two people who fucked friends then yeah," Rapidly, Ney stood up, his stature not as tall but just as threatening. Kylian maintained his stance, not flinching at the sudden movement. Ney held me behind him with his arm, creating a wall between me and Kylian. "Woah, fake boyfriends protective,"

"Careful what you say Kylian," He held a calm composure yet a sneer of discontent stayed on his face, enraged stares being shared between them. I simply stood there, not knowing how to handle the image of two ex's fighting over me. 

Then it hit me, I couldn't handle it. I was watching two men I used to be enamoured with, two men that had found a newfound hatred, two teammates that had to play another game next Wednesday. 

And by that point, the point I decided I was done and I was just going to grab Ney and walk away. Kylian punched him across the face. 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N: literally had the fattest writers block for the past 4 days but hope you all had a merry Christmas :)