XLVII

»»————- ♡ ————-««

His fingers traced along my palm as the plane began to land, Saudi Arabia, our new home. We were immediately greeted by paparazzi and excited fans as we exited his jet and waved to the crowd.

The modest dress draped along my body as he began to sign autographs and play into his new career.

We entered our new apartment, the walls a shade of blush pink and the living room acquired to our taste. Ney wrapped his arms around me, placing a kiss on my cheek as we began to unwind from the day.

The fridge was stacked yet I began to unload some snacks from home that I knew were vital to survive the next few weeks.

My heart fluttered at the new beginning, the new friends I could make, and the problems I had could be left elsewhere.

Certain languages filled my ears as Ney flipped through the TV channels to something we could watch yet sighed as each channel was showcased in Arabic. I made my way towards him as he looked up at me with that smile.

“What’s the first order of business?” I playfully asked, snuggling into his arms as he abandoned the remote to wrap himself around me. “How do we make this place home.”

He thought for a moment, his eyes looking around the room. He hurried up and began to rummage through his bag, I quirked my head in confusion before sitting beside him.

He grabbed a speaker which I knew would go against our apartment sound rules and began to play a large selection of songs.

“Would you care to dance?” He grinned as he pulled me up to stand, my feet cold above the hardwood floors.

“I’m not sure dancing counts as making it home,” I laughed as our bodies moved in synchrony, however, he was much more of a talented dancer than me.

His lips placed a kiss against my forehead as we began to slow down in pace with the music. “Anywhere with you is home.” He responded, his hands tracing my waist as he carefully spun me around.

“And anywhere without you isn’t worth being,” I added as we smiled whirling each other around the room as the stars began to peak through the windows. The surrounding area was sparse enough for the room to light up from the galaxies above us.

The constellations draw out our future, but I’m thankful they redirected them to put us together.

Each star holds a story of love and hate, trials and hope, but they don’t hold the story of us. Perhaps our love is too profound or perhaps we had just abandoned our destinies to be together.

For the stars will never know the story of our love, and perhaps they will never understand.

No story that is written in the stars fits the poetry written in my heart. And as the light fills the room, it’s almost satirical how they mirror my life.

Because my moon was in Scorpio, and my sun was in Pisces, but now it all belongs to him.

»»————- ♡ ————-««
Screams erupted as he entered the stage, a confident smile filling his face as he finally received the praise he deserved, my smile widened as he blew a kiss towards me.

I reached my arms into a wave to make sure he saw me.
The game started, and he dominated the pitch, each move calculated and each step made with clear precision and strategy.

The fans were ravenous for his skills as I fearlessly cheered for my future husband.

I rushed towards him at half-time, knowing I was interrupting an important speech yet running into his arms couldn’t wait. “How’s your ankle?” I asked, ensuring he was still fit to play.

“Everything’s perfect,” He grinned as he stared back at me with those eyes. The eyes that I’m sure could end wars with the kindness within them. I bit my lip as the game began to start again, my heart full as I realised we were happy.

The match ended without a goal from Neymar yet he still smiled when he saw me, he was still celebrated by his team, and he was still valued as I knew he should be.

The criticism didn’t matter because I had the man I had always dreamed of, in a warm country that loved him, and life couldn’t get better.
»»————- ♡ ————-««