XLVIII

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Awoken to the fresh Saudi air, reminiscing about the night before and the dreamy haze of my life still lingered on my mind. “Morning,” I heard Ney groan as he awoke beside me, his arms across my stomach as my fingers played in his hair. “How’d you sleep?”

“I slept perfectly,” I answered, my gaze not averting from the plain wall as my mind thought purely about the wedding in a year. “Don’t you have training today?” I asked, only to be met with his hand covering my mouth as he hushed me silently.

“I don’t think your manager will be very pleased about you being late,” I continued as I began to get up from the bed. “You’re still new.”

I began to pick out my outfit, my wardrobe now consisting of a more modest attire yet still equally colourful as my last. The silence surrounded me as I looked back at him on his phone with a sad expression.

Immediately he noticed my worriedness and threw his phone down beside me yet I couldn’t shake off the idea that he was indulging in online hate. He left the room to prepare breakfast as I rushed towards his phone.

My fingerprint unlocked it as I noticed the various tweets of a ‘prince that never became king’ slogan filling his feed. I scoffed at the audacity before angrily slamming the phone against the bed.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

“Morning handsome,” I wrapped my arm around him as the smell of fresh eggs sizzled on the pan before us. “How long until training?” I questioned, “Don’t lie this time.”

“About an hour,” He laughed slightly, “I’ve got some time.” He winked as he placed a kiss on my cheek. I furrowed my brows as he proceeded to laugh at my expression.

“We shouldn’t even be living together,” I mocked, my fingers deciding on a plate for my morning feast. “Don’t put such sinful ideas in your head!” I mimicked, salt pouring on my breakfast.

“Three hundred and nine days until we can legally live together,” He grinned as we both began to cuddle on the couch. “Until we can ‘I do’ our way into an apartment.”

I nodded as my jaw chewed the slightly uncooked egg, “Unless I’m a runaway bride.” I teased, pulling away slightly, only to be pulled right back into his arms. “Or a suspicious handsome man may say he objects and will confess his love right there and then.”

He proceeded to begin to playfully pin me onto the couch, placing kisses all over my face as he spoke. “Over my dead body!” We laughed, twisting our bodies to fight.

“Oh Miss Anastasia, please be mine!” I mimicked as he gave me a satirically angry look. “And then we’ll drive away in his expensive car!”

“I will personally hire security to stop you from leaving,” He scoffed. “I’ll use ai to make it sound like you said ‘I do’ and forge your signature.” He revealed. “Anyways, my vows are too romantic, you won’t even be able to leave me.”

“Till death do us part,” I joked and straddled myself onto him, a kiss sharing between us as though we were teenagers again. “Unless my billionaire comes to save me,” I joked and he jokingly pushed me off him.

I panted heavily, catching my breath and noticing the half-eaten egg still on my plate, if it was sentient it’d cringe at our perfect relationship. I fell back into his arms and continued to eat and watch the news in an ambiguous language.

And this was what I'd get for the rest of my life
»»————- ♡ ————-««