XXXV

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I awoke, unfortunately. My hand was wrapped in a cast, and a numbing feeling infiltrated my body. A nurse smiled as I awoke, she continued to readjust some tubes surrounding me but rushed to exit the room soon after.

The room around me was brightly lit, further infecting my headache as incessant sounds beeped around me. I held my head in my hands as I attempted to think yet the only thing in my head were questions.

Where am I? Where are my clothes? What happened to the car? Did anyone die? Did I kill someone? Did I break my arm?

There were no more questions I could ask, or so I thought until Neymar walked into the room. Flowers in his right hand and a teddy bear in his left. "You forgot to change your emergency contact." He shrugged, placing the objects down and cautiously walking towards me. "Are you okay?"

"Never been better." I joked, rubbing my temple as his fingers brushed against my non-broken arm. He laughed slightly—the laugh I'd missed for half a year.

We looked into each other's eyes, his staring into my deep, tired eyes and mine staring back into his. Darkness pulled my eyes down, and redness surrounded his. We were both equally broken, yet somehow we shared a smile.

"I should probably call Xander," I stated, ruining the moment as I looked around for my phone. However, Ney only frowned at his name: "What?"

"I've got someone to call him." My eyebrows furrowed in concern while he looked down in pity. "He didn't pick up. "My heart dropped. My fiancée couldn't show up to my potential funeral. "His phone might be on silent or something."

Silence surrounded us, yet you could somehow hear the tension. Whether that tension was hateful or romantic It was there, and when I looked into his eyes, it exceeded a million.

I pulled him towards me, my fingers gripping his suit as his lips met mine. My heart fluttered as his lips tasted like a mix of alcohol and honey. I couldn't resist him; the hunger had been building up, and now it had been released.

Words weren't needed; I wasn't sure if I could even put my feelings for him into words. Yet as our lustful desire was satisfied, I knew everything I wanted was in front of me. He came back, and now I couldn't let him go.

The hospital didn't sound like anything; the beeps were silenced as his hand trailed up my hospital gown, my waist blessed with his fingertips. He was tender, and he trailed along my body, delicate as though I was going to break if he touched me too rough.

My stomach tingled, whether that was the impact of the car crash or the butterflies I felt for him for the past ten years. I felt his smile against my lips before he pressed his lips against mine once again, my hand travelling through his hair and my other pulling him closer by the belt.

He had one hand against my waist, the ruffling of the hospital gown not managing to ruin the moment. His other hand grasped my jaw, propping my weak head as I attempted to pull him close, as though our bodies touching weren't close enough.

As though it were Satan himself, a knock appeared on the door, and we rapidly pulled away, yet a pant hid in our breath as Xander opened the door. His face was guilty; his smile was awkward.

"Anastasia I'm so sorry." He pleaded, running towards me and grabbing my hand, profusely kissing it as apologies spewed out of his mouth. "I'll never kick you out again; I don't want to see you leave my sight again. They called and called, and I thought it was something stupid—an invitation to a party. If I knew you were here, I would've crashed myself getting here."

I tilted my head. He felt bad. For once, he was scared to lose me, he didn't want me to die. He was on his knees, begging me to forgive him, and it felt empowering. To be loved by such a difficult man to love, yet the man behind him concerned my heart more.

"Neymar, thank you so much for taking care of her!" He cried, flinging his arms around him. Unknowing he just made out with his fiancée, he said, "I have to take you to dinner one day to repay you."

"I'm not sure about that." He was quickly interrupted by a smooch on the cheek. I widened my eyes. We had both kissed the same man in ten minutes.

"I am forever indebted to you." You'd think he was joking with the dramatic actions and the unnecessary words, yet I knew he wasn't joking. He was serious, which made this whole scenario significantly worse. "And we need to change your emergency contact."

I nodded, agreeing, yet I didn't want to change anything. I'd get into a million crashes if it meant I could kiss him again.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"I'll never do that again, Anastasia." He kissed my cheek, tucking me into bed as I sipped on some soup that he had undercooked.

"Promise?"

"Yes." He began to leave the room, but his feet paused. "You have to promise me that nothing will happen between you and Neymar."

"I promise." And I have never told such a harsh lie.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N: AHHHH! Currently doing my exams (gcses) and cannot function. Replies will be slow for the next few weeks because I'm gonna fail maths but I will try my hardest to update! 😥