XVIII

Glimpse of Us- Joji

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The qatari wind fell across my face as I sipped the tea I had brewed for myself, the scorching liquid burning my top lip. Resting my head against the wall behind me, I hummed to the song playing through the speakers. Finally at peace. 

I ran my fingers through my hair as I looked at the stars, pretending to understand the constellations. Feeling the sky heal me as my heart finally began to slow down. However, my tranquillity was to be short lived because of the party I had promised Kylian I'd go to, celebrating their win against Denmark. 

It had been two days since Neymar showed up confessing his love, to make matters worse I knew he would show up to the party as an injured footballer had nothing better to do. I heard the door open behind me and a French accent followed,

"We've got to go soon, are you ready?" I nodded my head yes before turning to face him, he wore an all black outfit, apart from his white jordans and a chain dangling from his neck. He seemed shocked I was ready, wearing a short summer dress, floral patterns painted over the white background. "You look nice,"

I smiled at his compliment, grabbing a matching purse whilst he put his jacket over my shoulders, wrapping his arms around my waist, swaying me. Yet he didn't know the turmoil in my head.

The party took place at the hotel, only a quick elevator ride away, I stayed silent. My mind rushing with a thousand emotions realising I'd have to see the man haunting my nightmares, yet blessing my daydreams. 

Kylian wrapped his hand in mine, our fingers intertwining yet the spark was short lived as we entered the room, loud music blasting through the speakers and lights flashing in each corner, the beat intercepting my heartbeat as I squeezed Kylians hand a little harder. 

But he didn't notice the secret cry for help, "I see my team, can I ditch you for a bit?" He loudly whispered. I complied, noticing our fingers disconnect as he rushed over to his teammates. I stood at the door before walking to the bar, getting my phone out to check my messages, realising what a mistake it was to come here.

Resting my head in my hand, I saw Neymar talking to some friends on the other side of the bar, our eyes met and that spark I had been searching for was found before his eyes averted. I continued to look at my phone but heard a distinguishable voice.

I glanced over, Belle kissing his cheek, giving me an arrogant grin before placing herself in his lap. He gave me an embarrased smile, not even noticing her as our miserable eyes spoke to each other. 

She pulled his head towards hers, wrapping herself around him, my heart further aching noticing he didn't try to reject her, as though our eyes didn't speak a million words. As though he didn't love me.

Attempting to hold back the tears didn't work, I rushed towards the door, hoping a breath of fresh air would fix me. However, the only thing that could fix me was his touch.

I felt arms wrap behind me as I took a sharp breath, yet I recognised it wasn't the arms I wanted. "Here's the hotel keys, I'll be up in a bit," He wrapped my fingers around the keycard before kissing my cheek and rushing back to the party.

A raindrop falling on my hand, then another one, as though they were copying my tears. I wiped my eyes before entering the room again, attempting to swiftly make my getaway to the elevator, yet I felt myself being pulled back.

She violently pushed me against the wall, slamming my head in the process. "Stop giving him those fuck me eyes, you got Kylian, you don't need two! At this point you're being selfish!"Belle screamed, gathering an audience. "You'd know about that, wouldn't you?"

"Oh shut up about this selfish thing!" I yelled back, pushing her off me, watching her stumble, knowing she wasn't used to such big heels. "Some would say ruining your friends career out of jealousy is more selfish."

"No I'd say two-timing the most famous footballers is more greedy," Her lip tugged up as she crossed her arms. "I've got to give you credit, blaming him for my mistakes, watching him run to me and sleep with me on your bed is pretty selfless."

My fist made it to her cheek before she could raise her egotistical eyebrow, shoving her to the ground before turning around to walk away. Keeping my eyes to the floor as I clutched the card in my hands, knowing now I'd instantly be stapled as the villain.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I threw my bag away as I kicked my heels off, my body crumbling onto the chair as I finally took a deep breath. Kylian shoved the door open, anger seeping off his skin, "What was that?" He questioned, I gave him a confused look. "You punch Belle, understable, but that was because she slept with Neymar! You still aren't over him!"

"What are you talking about? I was pretty much leading up to it, did you not hear how she was speaking about me?" 

"Anastasia, I'm not stupid!" He yelled, before turning around and resting his arm against the wall to calm down. "You go back to him again and again, he doesn't treat you how you should be treated. Anastasia, one day he'll come back into your life and you'll hate him enough to end it. That's when you should come crying to me."

"What are you saying Kylian?" I sniffled, watching his pupils fall to the ground, his back resting against the wall. He looked up at me before speaking,

"I'll never be enough for you, I can give you love and support, luxuries and clothes, but you'll run back to him," He sighed, handing me my bag. "I've got a World Cup to win, we're done." He announced before leaving the room, not even letting me get a word in.

And I just stood there, realising I had lost him.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N: I've got to get a upload schedule, but hope you all enjoyed :)