XLII

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"I'll miss you," I murmured as I embraced my younger brother, our cheeks pressed together. "Let me know if she doesn't take you to practice," I insisted, but my brother has swiftly pulled away from my grasp and placed behind our mother.

Ney swiftly intervened, having just placed the luggage in the taxi. "Thank you for the accommodation," he said, his hand trailing down my lower back, sending a shiver up my spine. I tried to push his hand away, but he ended up completely behind me.

My mother nodded sternly and gestured toward the car, not even offering a proper goodbye as she clutched my brother as if we were a threat, which, to her, I seemed to be. Neymar hurried to the car's side, opening the door for me, his hand on my lower back once again, triggering another surge of electricity through my body.

I waved to my brother as his grin, not showing many teeth, spread across his face, and he waved back with vigour. However, my mother turned away, ready to return to the house now that her least favourite person (me) was done entertaining her.

Letting out a sigh, I rested my head on the seat, the contours of the Mercedes soothing my neck, attempting to alleviate the stress I had been experiencing, albeit unsuccessfully. "Are you okay?" Ney asked, tilting his head and his fingers tracing the side of my arm. "If it helps, I don't think she likes me anymore either."

"She'll get over it," I replied, letting out a slight laugh. "She practically wants you to propose and become part of the family." We both shared an awkward laugh but fell back into silence, aided by the music playing from the radio during the two-hour trip we were about to embark on.

"Would that really be a bad thing?" he inquired, and I squinted in confusion. "Giving it another shot..."

"But you have that girlfriend of yours in Paris."

"We're not in Paris, though, are we?" His lip curled up as he turned to face me, his captivating eyes mixed with the sensation of his hand against my skin stirring up emotions within me. I shrugged, unsure of how to respond. "She doesn't know I'm here."

"No one knows I'm here either," I remarked as I finally turned to face him, instantly captivated by his gaze. "My management thinks I'm at my London home; my friends believe I'm still in Spain, and you know I'm here."

"Just two people stuck in Italy, with no one knowing our whereabouts," he stated, his voice sultry, his eyes shifting from my pupils to my lips. "We could do anything."

"Anything?" I questioned, to which he nodded, leaning toward the taxi driver, handing him a generous stack of euros and mumbling something incomprehensible as the music seemed to grow louder.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Where are we?" I asked as I cautiously stepped onto the pavement, his hands covering my eyes. He shushed me as I held my hands out in front of me.

"Trust me," he whispered, sending chills down my spine, and I tensed up. Holding onto him, I tried to relax, but his presence alone was enough to make my heart race. The scent of saltiness and food mingled with the buzz of what I assumed were food stalls surrounding us.

"You can open your eyes now," he chided, removing his hand from my face. The sight of a boat along a canal greeted me, adorned with fairy lights and scattered rose petals. The boat itself was lined with gold accents, painted in a soft blue that contrasted against the darkening sky. "Neymar, this is beautiful."

The boat began its graceful journey along the narrow canals, the lights illuminating our path as I leaned into his arms, trying to combat the gentle breeze. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered once again as if we were meeting for the first time. Our hearts synchronized as we held each other, expressing our love in a comforting embrace.

Oh, how I wished I could stay in this moment forever.

His typically tough demeanour felt soft against my thighs; his eyes transformed into a warm brown hue amidst the golden glow; and his physique, which was quite similar to mine in terms of height, now felt like a protective shield as he held me close.

The warmth of our bodies mingled as we drew nearer until there was no space left between us, only the faint atoms attempting to keep us apart. Yet, it was futile, for what we felt was not mere lust; it was not a fleeting desire for attention or a means to pass the time. It was true and profound.

In a way that made me believe my prayers had been answered, my manifestations had come to life, and heaven had descended, reincarnating itself in the form of this man. He was the epitome of perfection, and no slight or potential change could alter the love I felt at that moment.

I would endure hunger, war, and famine if it meant feeling his touch again, for his touch had the power to calm a thousand storms and to dim the sun as it blushed.

"Anna?" he interrupted, breaking my romantic reverie. I looked up at him, my wide brown eyes filled with innocence and joy. "Will you marry me?"

"What?" I pulled away, filled with bewilderment. "What about your girlfriend? Your parents? And may I add..." His hand gently pressed against my face.

"I don't care. I'd give it all up," he said, his hand shifting to the side of my face, drawing me closer for a kiss, pausing just before our lips met—an effective torture indeed. "Just say yes."

"How can I say no?" I chuckled, batting my eyelashes, struggling to contain the tears of joy. "Yes! Yes, of course!"

And our lips finally met, and I fought back the smile bursting within me because now I had him, and nothing else mattered.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N: i know you all hate me for how late this update is but DO I HAVE TEA FOR YOU. That like year long situationship. I spoke to him and asked him to dance during prom, such a y/n moment but then he led me on again AND THEN his other girl messaged me and called me insane and whatnot but thank you all for waiting. Much love and I'll try make the next update faster,