XXIII

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Bom dia, meu amor," Ney groaned as he slowly woke up, finding me reading one of the books I had brought with me. He rubbed his eyes before snuggling closer to me, digging his face into my neck.

"Bom dia to you too," I replied in my broken accent, he let out a tired laugh, his voice slightly breaking. We shared a kiss, our lips not wanting to let go yet his alarm said otherwise.

"I've got to pick up Davi from football today," My eyes sparkled as he spoke his son's name, the same name he adamantly refused to talk about. I liked to assume he was extremely private yet my heart broke slightly at the true reason.

"Can I come?" He bit his lip in anguish at my question, I knew his response, I expected it, yet how are we going to work out if I can't even see his son?

"I don't know if Carolina would be comfortable with you and Davi, after what happened," He's speaking about the fact I broke up the happy family before she even knew she was pregnant. "I'd love for Davi to speak to you again Anna, it's just-"

"No I get it, I should've apologised by now anyways," We shared a moment of awkwardness, both disappointed. He brushed the hair out of my face before speaking.

"I'll never understand how someone can look so beautiful this early in the morning," His fingers pushed the book down, his gaze not breaking as a slight smile spread across his face. Yet I could tell he was simply changing the subject.

However, I blushed at his compliment, I've learnt how to respond to everyone else's compliments, I've gotten thousands of compliments yet only his leave me speechless.

His thumb traced my bottom lip as he looked at me. My only weakness. He paused for a minute, simply admiring me before leaning in. My heart was beating faster than ever whilst his hands ran through my hair.

"Neymar, você está atrasado para pegar o Davi! Você tem que ir!" His sister rushed in, interrupting our moment as we quickly pulled each other away.

"Que porra Rafa! E se eu estivesse nu?" He argued, she scoffed and leant against the doorframe. "I thought we agreed to knock when I have a guest." He winked over at me as I shoved his face away.

"O que? You've got a son who's about to be left in the rain at a football match!" She debated, "Carolina called me to check up on Neymar and I text to make sure yet no reply so I come here and you're... fazendo sexo!"

"I am not doing that, I am arguing with you!"

"Go pick up your son!" She demanded before slamming the door. He sighed before getting changed, revealing himself in nothing but boxers, his sculpted abs right in front of my face.

"Sorry about her," He complained, placing a shirt over his perfect body. I leaned against the side of the bed, the blanket draping across my body. "I need to take away her key,"

"No, it's funny how the universe is helping me stay abstinent." I joked, he shook his head before speaking in Portuguese.

"Eu me recuso a ter uma garota tão bonita quanto você e não transar com ela." His lip tugged up as he spoke, I could tell his words were crude yet maybe that was a good thing. Perhaps if I understood him he wouldn't make it to pick up Davi...

I gave him a snide face, as he kissed my forehead. "When will you be back?" I questioned, he rushed to get his shoes on whilst answering.

"When I come back?" He jeered causing me to throw a pillow at his face, only enhancing his laughter. "I'll be a couple of hours, I'll see you later Princesa,"

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"There she is," Rafa announced as I walked into the kitchen, handing me a cup of coffee. "You and Neymar dating again, a second chance."

I chuckled at her words, "Maybe the tenth chance," She gave me a confused look, obviously not knowing the story, was it even my place to tell her? Surely he told her?

I attempted to divert the question yet she seemed only interested in all the chances I had given her brother, and who could blame her? Our story had been careless.

"I mean we had that whole thing for the press in May, and we met again in November. But I was on and off with another guy, it all ended perfectly!"

"Is this why Belle didn't come with you?" Fuck she knows, she can sense the lies in my voice. "She went to the World Cup with you? Did you leave her there?"

"We got in a fight."

"Why?"

Fuck, this is an easy question, there are plenty of normal reasons people get into fights. Yet I let her think for too long because a lightbulb seemed to have turned on.

"Did she fuck Neymar?" She asked, obviously invested in the drama she was making in her head.

"She also fucked Kylian!" I quickly attempted to debate my side yet that only resulted in her mouth gaping wider.

"You had a thing with Mbappé?!" She screeched, I attempted to silence her yet she was already too invested. "I never liked that girl, she always gave me a bad vibe!"

"Could've warned me." I joked as we both burst into laughter. "She's the one that sent out the cheating accusations as well!"

"No!" She slapped her mouth in complete and utter shock. "I would've knocked her lights off by now..."

"Oh don't worry, I already did," We burst into laughter again as I showed her a video of my attack on Belle. Causing her to jokingly applaud me as I bowed for her. "It's been difficult, but I think we're finally happy."

"For nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be known and come to light." She said, "You can be happy Anastasia but I've seen him bring girls in and out of here, be careful. You're one of the favourites"

And suddenly, my heart dropped, her words dark, dangerous, as though they were speaking to my soul. Was she right? Was it possible I was just one of the girls? I bit my lip as she took a sip and looked out the window, her eyes focusing on the view.

"Trust me Rafa, I'm always careful..."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N: IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!