XII

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The Qatari air filled my face as I walked out onto the balcony, my fingers gliding against the coral pillars as I sipped the on the bitter coffee that rested against my lips. Noticing the people flooding to stadiums, their bodies colliding as they shoved through the streets. Slowly I rested my arms against the balcony and admired the warm sun resting along my ivory skin and took a photo of the view.

Disrupting my perfect morning, I heard Belles groan behind me as she emerged in a long t-shirt, "Morning sleepyhead!" I excitedly annunciated as I poured her a cup of coffee and she sluggishly drank it. "I need to go to the gym, but after that we can go get some lunch?"

"Yeah sure," She lifelessly responded, resting against the wall and wailing in the agony of having to wake up. "But we need to make it in time for the game. Have you got the tickets?" I held up two tickets from my bag and handed them to her as I packed for the gym. 

"Try wake up a bit," I joked as I rubbed her head as she playfully pushed me away. "Love you, bye!" I grabbed everything and ran out of the room, the cold air of the hotel making me regret the gym outfit I wore today. 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Entering the gym after locking up my valuables, I noticed nearly every machine was taken up by various footballers, resulting in me having to land on the treadmill. Seems like I'll be focusing on cardio today, I put on my wireless headphones and tried to ignore the sheer amount of shirtless men around me. 

My legs ran to the pace of my music, feeling the beats intricate into my workout as I kept my head down, plainly focusing on the distance that lit up on the machine. As my breath started to escape me, and my legs became numb, I continued to concentrate on my run yet it was getting more difficult as I had exercised for three hours by now. 

Suddenly, as I rested myself against the sides of the machine and lowered the level to avoid being injured a tap emerged on my shoulder. I pulled my headphones to the side to see a familiar face, Ney. 

"You okay?" He asked as I rubbed the sweat that had accumulated on my forehead, "You seem to be glued to the treadmill?"

"The other- machines are- they're taken," I panted as I ended my workout, my legs like jelly as I finally stood on solid ground again. He chuckled at my inability to walk as I rested against his forearm, my fingers gripping onto him. 

"Yeah, people usually rotate after a while, you didn't have to hide in the corner." He mocked me as he led me to a bench and I collapsed onto it, finally allowing the cramps in my legs to escape. We both shared a laugh as I continued to pant, my heart racing at this interaction. "You're a France fan now?"

"What?" I asked, confused at his question as he pulled up the photograph of me holding up Kylians jersey across my chest, I squinted on the image and layed down, my fingers trailing into my hair. 

"If it helps I also had your jersey in there." I winked, he gave an eager smile and sat down next to my legs, taking a sip of his water. 

"Planning on wearing it to my game?" He inquired, I gave a happy nod as he pulled me up and led me to the lockers. I rested against the lockers as we shared a smile. "Promise you'll wear my jersey?"

"I think you're forgetting I'm a French fan now," I jeered, unlocking the metal box and grabbing my bag and beginning to leave before being playfully pulled back, his hand tugging at my waist and resisting my escape.