XXIV

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Anastasia? Do you know how long I've been trying to get into contact with you for? Why are you in Brazil when you're supposed to be at the World Cup in Qatar?" Diane yelled, instantly causing regret for even picking up the phone. She continued to ramble on, "You have a contract!"

"I had nothing booked. Ney invited me out and I couldn't deny-" Ney grabbed my phone, placing the microphone on his lips and putting the phone on a speaker. I placed my head in my hands, I already knew the drama was about to begin.

"Diane, give her a break, she makes you so much money." Ney attempted to argue, his voice soft as we soaked on the beach. "Plus, it was my turn. Kylian gets her all the time!" I hit his arm as he held back a laugh, holding me back as I pretended to fight him. 

"He's practically paying her wages! Tell her she has to be back by the 14th or a lawsuit will be coming her way!" She dramatically ended the call, causing Ney and I to erupt into uncontrollable laughter. 

I felt the harsh yet mellow sun against my olive skin, nothing but a tiny bikini covering my body, Ney rested his hand against my thigh, making circles with his thumb over my exposed body. I was going back home today after the most intimate 2 days. 

"I don't want to let you go..." He mumbled, our fingers intertwining as I stared into his eyes, they had always been beautiful - delicate yet painful- like butterflies trapped in the wind. I understood his frustration.

"I wont speak to him," I promised, trying to alleviate his fears. He stared into the ocean in front of us, a sigh escaping his lips as the memories flooded back to him. "I don't even want to speak to him,"

"He wont leave you alone," he interjected, my heart ached, I wish I could convince him Kylian and I are over, that our paths crossed but our futures wont. That our closure was the disrespect. 

"He's got Belle now, trust me I think he's over it," I consoled, however I knew those thoughts would rush through his brain. He'll know I'm close to the man that stole me and could steal his dream, a world cup.

"It's harder to get over you than you'd think," He slightly laughed, turning to face me again and slight tears filling up his eyes as I kissed my teeth in pity. "I don't care about the trophies he might win, I care about the fact he might win you back."

I stayed silent, what do I respond? His heart would ache no matter how many words I attempted to convince him with. He would suffer, and there was nothing I could do. And how I wish I could take his pain for myself. 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I stepped onto the plane, waving goodbye, the metaphorical string connecting us feeling strained by the distance. He held up a heart as Rafa stood beside him waving back. We had pulled apart again, however this time I wouldn't let it cause problems. 

I hesitated before I sat down, the only thing I wanted to do was run back into his arms. We had promised eachother happiness, yet I felt more pain than ever.

I greeted the crew and prepared for the anguish we'd both feel for the next 15 hours. 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Afternoon princesa." His chipper voice greeted, "How was the flight?" I could hear his grin from the other side, I questioned his happiness, was it because I had left?

"I'm late to the game!" I panicked, trying to persuade the taxi to start speeding. "The plane had a diversion and now it's currently 9.59 and the game is at 10!" I rummaged through my bag, "I wont have time to go to the airport so I'll have to go straight to the game with a suitcase!"

He laughed on the other side of the call, "If it's too hard you can always come back to our home," 

"Our home?"

I smiled at his words, our home, I knew he meant the building yet for some reason the only home I felt I had was him

"Yeah," He paused for a minute, "Our home..."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

I rushed into the stadium, late, the cameras panning at me as I realised how much critism I'd face. I smiled for the cameras, not bothered by the media, I already had all I needed. Why should I care?

A goal had already been scored by France, I pursed my lips, I wasn't sure I even wanted them to win. I just wanted to go back home. I watched the game, occasionally texting Ney, we had both gotten clingy as 11,865km landed between us. The man I loved was across the world.

I watched as France scored the second goal, pretending to celebrate yet I already knew I would have to prolong my visit. Suddenly, Diane pushed next to me, anger filling her eyes as I already knew the critism I would get.

"Well done! You're back in the country, enjoy fucking your boyfriend?" She stated, "I should've never brought you to that party." I scoffed at her, knowing she was only angry because she was losing money. 

"You know what Diane, prada" I confidently stated, yet she only stared at me with confusion. I repeated myself yet to no avail.

"What are you talking about?"

"It was the code word, I fall in love I say prada?"

She stared at me in disbelief, "You lost so much money the past 2 days and you're here talking about things that happened 7 months ago?" She reprimanded, we both stared at eachother for a minute as I held back a smile. At that moment, she pulled me into a hug, I knew she wouldn't be able to keep up her strict manager role for this. "You are so annoying but I am happy for you," 

"I really feel like he's the one. We both run back to eachother and we've both made mistakes but truly, this is it."

"Let's hope he doesnt ruin your career again!" She winked, ruining the moment as I calmly hit her arm, we both looked out onto the pitch. A sigh escaping my lips as the game began to finish, "Be careful..."

Why did everyone keep saying that, we made eye contact as she gave me a knowing look - her eyes slightly widening. "That's the second time I've heard that,"

"Trust me,"

»»————- ♡ ————-««