XIV

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The crowd began to scream as the teams entered the pitch, the first French game. The shirt that covered my body held a French flag and my outfit was themed to promote the country. My eyes watched as they started the game yet I could only focus on one thing. Neymar. 

I was still bewildered from last night, I mean we weren't exclusive but it was the day after our date. Did he sleep with her the same night he took me on a magical date?

"Forget about him," Belle yelled, handing me a flask she had snuck in. My eyes widened as I shoved it back into her purse, and she let out a laugh.

"This is Qatar, you aren't allowed to drink here!" I scolded, zipping up her bag and taking it from her. 

"It's what got me over my last breakup," She scoffed, rolling her eyes at my actions and trying to grab her purse back yet I didn't let her, clutching the purse with all my strength. "You're heartbroken, one sip can't hurt..."

"We didn't even date," I mentioned, trying to keep the purse away from her but she continued to poke fun. "He can go fuck any girl he wants, it's none of my business."

Laying her head on my shoulder, we both looked out onto the pitch. "So what, you're just over Neymar, that's it." She asked, taking a bite out of the biscuits we had bought. 

"If he's not serious about me, I'm not serious about him," I exclaimed with a sigh, of course I wasn't over him but he wasn't interested in me specifically. 

Our silence was rapidly interrupted by cheering, the first goal of the game for Australia at 9 minutes. I bit my lip at the chance of France being defeated, I had already committed to a French brand. I dramatically cradled my head in my hands, attempting to overplay the French fan character I had been hired to play. 

The game continued with two goals towards France, I cheered in excitement as I the team began to celebrate. After halftime, I cheered as the team entered the pitch again, my heart racing at the other half of the game.

I watched as Kylian swiftly scored a goal, beginning to celebrate before pointing over to me and blowing a kiss, my arms extended into a huge wave as I blew a kiss back. Belle gave me a weird glance but I ignored her, keeping my eyes on the game.

The game ended 4-1 too France, and I held up a French flag as the team entered the changing rooms again, cheering in excitement as the rush of the game compelled me. 

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"You did amazing!" I squealed, rushing into Kylians arms as he entered the hotel, he let go of the bag he was holding as my arms flung around him. "Man of the match right here," I joked, punching his arm. 

His team laughed, presumably at me, as they walked away, teasing him in French. "Thank you," He rubbed the back of his neck and the happiness in his face slowly faded, "I didn't think you'd want to see me," 

"Why wouldn't I want to see you? You're on the journey of winning the World Cup!" 

"Well after what happened with Neymar, after I set you up, I figured-"

"What do you mean set me up?"

He let out a sigh before continuing to speak, "I knew he had a girl there, I was just jealous and wanted to mess things up." My heart dropped as he continued to explain himself.