XVII

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Morning sunshine," Kylian attempted to cheer me up, entering the room with a plate of breakfast. "I didn't know what you wanted but breakfast was about to close and I didn't want you to be hungry." He rambled, I smiled at the platter of random foods, eggs, doughnuts, bacon and two sliced cucumbers. 

"How did you know? I always have two sliced cucumbers for breakfast!" I joked, he scoffed as he handed me the plate. "Thank you Kylian," I looked at my phone bombarded with messages. "I don't know how I'm going to talk to Belle."

"Don't." 

"I can't just cut her off for no reason," He shrugged before laying down next to me. "She needs the flight details and she'll probably file a missing person report when I don't show up. Plus all my stuff is in the hotel."

I felt him playing with a curl in my hair as I continued to explain, his eyes focusing on my face as I took another bite of the food. "You're too beautiful to be treated like this," He interrupted, I rolled my eyes at him. "I've got training but after let's go and buy you some new things." 

He jumped out of bed and left the room, leaving me to contemplate all that had happened in the past day, my heart damaged yet my brain running at full speed. How could Belle never tell me she did that? I cried in her arms about Ney and she went and slept with him.

I grabbed my phone and checked my messages, one from Neymar, and the rest from Belle, my heart was already aching so I opened our messages.

She had descended into madness, Neymar had told her what had happened, and she began to tell me I was somehow the problem. It was my fault for abandoning her.

Was she right? Did I abandon everyone, was it truly selfish of me to leave her, to not bring her along on my journey? My fingers traced the keyboard but I swiftly deleted what I was typing. Realising there was no point in defending myself.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The hours passed by, and I couldn't leave because my only clothes were last night's dress or Kylian's entire wardrobe and I couldn't walk around like that. I either scrolled on my phone or watched the TV, which was difficult considering there was nothing in English. That was until I heard a faint knock on the door and went to open it.

I swiftly opened the door to see Ney, crutches in his arms and an apologetic smile across his face. For fucks sake. He scratched his neck before speaking,

"Anna, we need to talk."

"I think we spoke quite a lot last night!" I announced, trying to hide the fact I'd been crying for the past four hours. "I honestly don't know what more you could say."

"When Belle and I slept together it meant nothing, we were both drunk at some party and had nothing better to do. I had honestly forgotten who she was." He began to explain, I crossed my arms as he continued. "I wouldn't do it now,"

"Sleep with who you want, I'm angrier you watched my entire life fall apart, knew the reason why and simply did nothing," I yelled, loud enough to cover the footsteps of Kylian as the elevator made it to our floor. "I don't want your apology, we're done."

"Anna-" He rested his fingers along my cheek, pulling my head up to face him, "I love you.".He confessed, yet his confession was short-lived once Kylian shoved him to the side, causing him to almost lose his balance as he held onto the wall behind him. 

Kylian gently pulled me away from the door before slamming it, but it was too late. I had already heard the most earth-shattering piece of information I could.

"What did he say?" He asked, I let out a sigh of relief realising he didn't hear. Knowing that a crippled Neymar would not survive another beating.

"Just how it was a mistake and that he didn't know who Belle was," I explained, leaving out the most crucial bit. 

"Is that it?" He questioned, almost like he knew, I gave a weak nod, "At least he didn't tell you he loved you or some other manipulative bullshit." He continued as he took a sip of water.

"Manipulative?"

"He kept secrets, he lied, can you do all that if you love someone?" 

"It was years ago, I think someone can make mistakes," I argued back, noticing the soft smile erupting on Kylians face. He closed the lid of the water, walking over to me. He towered over me as my back was pinned against the wall, slowly he lifted his hand towards my face, his thumb resting against my bottom lip.

"Good people think the world is as good as them, that's why when Neymar says things like that you listen. If I was you I'd take his words with a pinch of salt." I stared towards the ground, my heart beating a thousand miles per minute. Did he hear what Neymar said? Did he know I just lied to him? "I promise I won't let him hurt you,"

He cupped my face in his hands before placing a kiss on my forehead, our faces inches away "Promise?" I asked, my fingers tracing his muscular arm.

"I promise." I felt his breath against my skin, our lips inches away as his hand gripped my waist. I looked into his dark eyes, an everlasting black hole pulling me in as he lifted my leg.

He leant in ever so slowly as I closed my eyes. Gasping slightly as our lips found each other, tasting his body as he pushed me against the wall.

His hands travelled, yearning for each curve as he intently grabbed my soft skin. Our bodies lingering but growing in desire, I wrapped my legs around him, our hearts in sync as he carried me to the bedroom.

I felt the soft sheets against my back as he climbed on top of me, his kisses slowly trailing down my neck, his fingers pulling up my shirt to explore my body.

Our breaths were heavy as his kisses dragged all over my skin. Our passion was unmatched yet I felt regret in my stomach as I pulled away.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned, catching his breath as his touch lasted on my skin. I collapsed onto the bed, I couldn't sleep with him after Ney confessed his love to me. What kind of person would I be?

"Hard day," I responded, trying to not reveal my difficulty with Neymar.

"Tell me about it," He joked, causing my jaw to drop. He lay next to me, our fingers fiddling as he held my hand in his.

"You're gross," I turned to face him, our noses touching as he did the same. "And you need to shower you stink."

He brushed me off and got out of bed, pulling his trousers up as I had (accidently) pulled them down during our rendezvous.

He winked before closing the door to the bedroom, "You can borrow some of my clothes to wear, let me take you out." He chuckled, "I'll buy you a pretty dress." He mentioned before shutting the door.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N: two chapters in one day I'm spoiling you guys. I promise you it will be spicy one day I'm just leading up to it 🙏