XIX

Edited: 23.2.2023

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Anastasia, we need to talk." A recognisable voice said as I felt someones hand tap my shoulder, Kylian. Instantly I turned around to face him, he leant against the seat behind me, wearing a cap and sunglasses to disguise his identity. 

"I'm watching the game?" I stated, crossing my arms as I began to turn around, feeling myself being stopped by him once again as his hand pulled my shoulder. 

"It's the 110th minute and Brazil are already a point up." He mentioned, I continued to attempt to ignore him, my heart racing considering we hadn't spoke in days.

"What do you even want?" I sipped the coffee in front of me, trying to avoid speaking to him as he grew impatient. "You were right, I ran back to Ney but it's not like anyone else was begging to take me in." 

Feeling myself press up against the seat divider, he squeezed himself next to me. "You don't need to be a bitch." He mentioned, taking a bite of the sweets I had brought with me. "I brought you back to loverboys arms, didn't I?"

I scoffed as I snatched back my snacks, trying to focus on the game, as he rested his head against my shoulder resulting in me pushing his head back, "I thought you made it pretty clear you don't want to talk to me."

"I said I've got a World Cup to win," He acknowledged, looking onto the pitch as Croatia scored, "And by the looks of it I'm going to win." Attempting to combat his cockiness, I shoved his head back. 

"You're bad luck," I grumbled, readjusting myself in my seat in order to get comfortable, resulting in my legs on top of his. "What do you want?"

"I missed you," I felt my heart drop as he uttered those words, my whole existence turning into a fucked up love triangle. He held my hand in his yet all I could do was stare at him, perplexities rushing my head.

"Kylian-"I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the hallway as penalties began, regretting even responding to him in the first place. I paced in front of him, my back facing the pitch, "You couldn't have done this at a better time?"

"I didn't want Neymar to be here and ruin everything," 

"I'm done with this little merry war you have going on, I'm not going to be the pawn in your game." I argued, crossing my arms as I listened to him spew his utter bullshit. His words were sweet, exactly what I wanted to hear yet I had already made my choice.

"It's not a game Anastasia." 

I heard the cheers behind me, continuing to ignore the game and focus on the problem right in front of me. Staring into his pitiful eyes as they begged for any reaction from me, he did miss me but did I miss him?

"After the World Cup, either of you won't have to deal with me again. I'll model in Australia, the other side of the world. You two can be teammates and I'll just be a distant memory." I informed him, he bit his lip as he looked behind me, the mix of happiness and disappointment filling my ears.

"Your boyfriend lost..." He joked, his lack of empathy was dreadful, being able to just watch another team lose with no remorse.

"See you're bad luck!" I accused as I began to turn around to go back to my seat yet his hands gently gripped my waist. I felt the wall against my back yet I continued to act stoic, my arms crossed together like a force against his advances.

"Be my lucky charm then..." He joked, I pursed my lips as his eyes trailed my body. We stood like that for what felt like years, our eyes simply fighting in ways our words couldn't. I tried to avoid him, yet somehow he was so intoxicating. "You can't tell me you don't miss me." 

"I can say whatever I want," I replied after a while, trying to break free from his grip yet  a slight smile escaped our lips as we both challenged each other. 

He grinned back at me, moving the hair out of my face, the dark strands that had escaped my tight ponytail from our little game. I wrapped my arms around his neck, as his coarse hands made their way around my body.

"Anna?" I heard his voice, my heart dropping further into my stomach as I shoved Kylian away from me as he stood, somewhat shocked. I took a deep breath before averting my gaze towards Ney, his eyes filled with the residue of tears from the match.

"Ney, I'm sorry." I attempted to rush towards him, yet he ignored me, only focusing on Kylian as he stomped closer towards him. I stood to the side, pondering what was about to happen.

Kylian held his hands up in an unaccusatory manner as Ney walked further towards him. I squinted my eyes as what I expected happened, Neys fist making contact against his jaw, pushing Kylian towards the wall with force. I winced as I witnessed the punch, my heart racing as I didn't know what to do.

He rubbed his temples as he rested against the wall, yet Ney simply turned around, not saying a word. I followed Ney, attempting to apologise yet he stayed silent, all the way to the car.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Are we going to talk about what happened?" I asked as he sped through the streets, one hand against the wheel and the other resting outside the window. He shrugged before speaking, somewhat embodying a nonchalant attitude 

"I lost the World Cup and 5 minutes later I find you about to fuck Kylian? Am I wrong?" He asked, I tried to not be shocked about his bluntness, thinking of how to explain such a horrific action.

"Well no but-" I began to exclaim myself yet was swiftly interrupted, Ney's voice somewhat angry yet calm voice echoing around the car as he turned to the left.

"I think we're all caught up." He continued to drive, I exhaustedly sighed, my heart racing realising I had fucked up our entire friendship or potential relationship. 

"It was a mistake..." I uttered, causing him to pull over against the side of the road, he rested his head against the wheel before speaking. His voice harsh, not stuttering or anything as though he had practised.

"Choose now, me or Kylian?"

"What?"

"You cannot keep stringing us both along, me or Kylian?" His words were short as he continued to not make eye contact. I looked over at him, completely confused by his choice of words.

"Stringing you both along? Like you took me on a date then fucked another girl or like when Kylian set me up to see the girl you'd been fucking?" I argued back, he sucked his teeth in anger before turning to face me.

"We haven't dated in 10 years, I think it's safe to say I can fuck who I want." He rebuttled. "Plus I haven't fucked anyone since that night."

"What night?"

"The night I told you I loved you!" He blurted out, "I told you I loved you and you showed up to a party with Kylian..."  His voice softened, I cupped his hand in mine as he rested his arm against the wheel, hiding his face.

"Of course I love you Neymar, I've loved you for the past 10 years-" I felt his lips touch mine as my words were cut short, his thumb cupped my cheek as he smiled against my lips.

"I think you've made your choice then." Yet did I really?

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N: I did edit this again because I didn't like it the first time but it follows the same plot just better written 🙈.