XVI

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The endless clouds marched above me as I entered the stadium, the first Brazil game and I had shown up in Neys jersey. Attempting to stay subtle, I opted for seats in the middle of nowhere yet as he entered the pitch I was sure I felt his eyes land on me as he held up a heart towards the crowd.

The stadium was packed with other Brazilian supporters, specifically Neymar fangirls. I stared as another beautiful woman wearing his jersey walked past me, a slight pit in my stomach considering he had probably slept with one of them. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to face two teenage girls, "Are you Anastasia Valentine?" They squealed in broken English. My heart warmed slightly at the fact that I was recognised in public. "Can we get a photo?" 

I willingly complied, smiling as they took a selfie of us all together. They both looked at each other before asking me a question, "Neymar? I thought you were dating Kylian?" 

"It's not like that," I stammered, trying to remain confident yet violently failing, "I lost a bet against Ney, we're all just friends..." 

Giving an unconvincing nod, they both giggled and walked away. I placed my face in my arms before letting out a sigh, was this all a really fucked up friendship? I watched the game as goals were missed for the next 40 minutes, my brain wondering and my heart not answering. 

Finally, it was halftime, a 15 minute break to not see his face and wonder if it's even worth it. I unlocked my phone, seeing a message from Kylian pop up.

I looked around me, maybe it was those two girls? However, I knew I couldn't be here

I looked around me, maybe it was those two girls? However, I knew I couldn't be here. I began to collect my things and put on a hat in case I was somehow recognised again. I left the stadium, quickly rushing to book an uber to get home. Feeling like all eyes were on me, judging me.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Why are you back so early the game hasn't finished?" I heard Belle shout from her room as I opened the door. I collapsed onto the sofa, my heart racing from having to escape the stadium so fast. "What's wrong?" She asked, staring me down from her doorway.

"They found me!" 

"Who found you?"

"The internet! The stupid internet! Kylian Mbappe's real life girlfriend seen sucking off Neymar during Brazil game vs Serbia!" I sarcastically complained, she let out a chuckle and sat herself beside me. 

"I mean I don't think it's the internets fault if you sucked him off in the middle of the game," She mocked, I rolled my eyes and turned away from her, burying my head in the pillow next to me.