11

Lani was panicking, all of the boys had gone silent and though the smart side of her brain knew that they wouldn't be judging her due to her number of marks, she was still uneasy in the silence. As if she had planned it, the next thing that could be heard was Lani's phone ringing and as she looked down at the caller ID it was her mother calling 'uh I have to take this I'll be back'. and with that, she left the room purely expecting the room to be empty and for them to have left just like yeji when she re-entered the room.

However back with the boys, leaving was the last thing on their minds, with every one of them having different versions of confused but wholehearted looks on their faces. wholehearted, due to the fact that they had just confirmed that she was their last soulmate, but confused as to why she thought that they would make fun of her. 'Hyung..' was heard from the maknae who had no preference as to who answered. 'i think I know what I'm gonna ask her for the truth if she's still up for it.' chan had a questioning look on his face as he revealed the last piece of information. Before long they heard footsteps coming in their direction and out of the shadows came a pleasantly surprised lani.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- with lani :) - 

'hey mom what's up?' was heard from lani as she accepted the call and made her way into her bedroom, swiftly sitting on the bed. 'nothing much I just called to tell you that our business trip has been extended, so we won't be coming home till august. and yes I know that means we will miss your birthday but we tried to negotiate the weekend up and our boss just isn't having it.' this was a shock to lani, they always made it home for her birthday and they had never missed it. 'uh it's okay I guess but are you sure that there is nothing else you could do?' 'me and your father had tried everything, even taking the weekend off and then working till September but he just won't let us, I'm really sorry sweetie' lani sighed better add that to the calendar. 'it's okay, but I've got to go, I'm with my friends, see ya mom, love you'  'love you too sweetie, bye, sorry again'

as lani shut off her phone after the call had ended, she picked up her pen and crossed out the date in May that had previously shown, 'Mum and Dad coming home!' and rewrote the sentence in the notes section for august.

you see it was currently November meaning her parents wouldn't be home for another 9 months, not counting the current month. slightly downhearted by the phone call lani made her way back into the living room, surprised to see it still full of the boys.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lani subtly smiled before asking a question hoping to lift some of the awkwardness in the air as she sat down in her new place between mingyu and Vernon. 'so chan did you come up with that truth or am I not doing one?' chan raised his head at the mention of his name. 'oh yeah, um why did you think we were gonna make fun of you for your marks? if you don't mind telling us.' as lani was thinking of the best way to answer this question 13 boys sat with anticipation with their eyes on the youngest in the room. 'well to put it quickly, I used to have a friend called yeji, and when we were showing each other our marks in like year 7, she ran off when she saw mine and then for the rest of the year she would get her boyfriend to both verbally and physically abuse me. I think the thing she called me the most was probably freak. But I don't know why I thought you guys would do that, cause you're actually nice people, but anyway'

while lani was telling her story she had her head down almost as if to shield herself from the horror and disgust she believed she would retrieve from the boys. however the look on the boy's faces was not one of disgust or horror, some had looks of sympathy and some had looked as if they wanted to punch someone with the odd shimmer of murder in their eye corners. But when she looked up she was met with smiling faces as Joshua's voice was heard from opposite lani, 'we're happy you felt comfortable to share that with us and were sorry you had to go through that,' he said with a somber smile on his face. 'yea thanks for sharing, but does that feel any better, you know finally showing someone?' was questioned by jun who was sitting on the other side of Vernon. 'yeah actually it did, and thank you, for not calling me wired,  but I mean what kind of idiot has 13 soulmates and can't find any of them, I must be a different type of blind'

All faces now held melancholy looks as they wished to go comfort her in their arms but all of them had decided before they came that it would be best not to jump into things when she doesn't have any idea what they are to her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all of the boys had now gone home and lani had settled on snuggling up on the couch with many blankets and popcorn to watch a sad romance movie by herself. Wondering what was to come in the future.

A/n-ok sorry for the wait but I have sort of planned the next couple of chapters so I do have the authority to say that they will be leading up to something, so look forward to that. But other than that just the usual not proofread and boring.

anyways hope you enjoyed and see ya in the next chapter :)   - author