32

The walk back to the house was quick, with Lani's new found determination speak to her oldest soulmate, as she opened the front door Lani took off her scalf hat and mittens, before taking off her shoes and walking up to the door to the living room, but Lani hesitated, 'nonnie? What if their mad at me?' She whispered to him clearly now letting her fears get to her. 'I'm pretty sure they're just worried about both you and cheol, so the sooner you speak to him the better.' Vernon urged the girl into the living room 'I know, I know.' As the young girl pushed the door open to the living room she saw 10 men's faces snap in her direction, slightly confused she counts again realising the face that was missing was the one she needed to talk to. Seungcheol.

Before she could even ask where the older was she felt a soft hand take hers and slowly pull her to the couch, once she was sat down Joshua sat on the coffee table infront of her. Carefully laying the back of his hand on her forehead and feeling if she was cold he started to speak, 'are you okay? Do yo need anything? Are you cold?' Lani shook her head. 'I'm fine, really. But is it okay if someone tells me where seungcheol is?' She looks around the room, before locking eyes with jun. 'You finally gonna speak to him?' He asked and as Lani nodded in return she saw small smiles rise onto the faces of the others occupying the room. 'He's in your bedroom, hope you don't mind.' Lani smiled in seokmins direction as he gave her the answer she wanted before standing up and making her way towards the stairs, 'yea that's fine. Thank you.' She smiled at the group before making her way up to her bedroom.

Lani had never been so anxious to walk into her own room before, she had been stood outside the door for what she felt was forever when it was probably just a few minutes, it as hard for her to build up the courage just to knock on the door. One simple action, seemed so far away for her, but she knew that if she didn't speak to him today then she would force herself to avoid him all week and she didn't think she could handle making him any more upset. So Lani pulled herself together and knocked on the door, hearing shuffling on the other side she waited for a certain someone to open the door. However when he finally did it was like she had forgotten what she had to say, he was a total mess. Bloodshot eyes, rosy cheeks and nose, one of mingyu's hoodies on despite it barely being bigger than his and tear stains down his cheeks.

Lani felt the urge to sit him down and check over him just like Joshua had just done for her, but she restrained herself knowing it might take a while for seungcheol to let her do that again. 'What's up?' He asked voice hoarse and crackled as he looked the younger girl in her eyes. Lani took a deep breath before giving herself a mini pep talk in her brain, calming herself down enough to start the dreaded conversation. 'We need to talk. Can we talk? Please.' The words came out quicker and less assured than Lani would've liked but when seungcheol nodded his head and moved slightly to the side to let Lani in she couldn't care less how those 8 words came out all she was worried about were the words to come.

'I owe you a huge apology.' Lani started as she looked down at her fidgeting hands afraid to make eye contact with the other who was currently staring holes into the side of her face ' I shouldn't have avoided you because I was mad at myself. You didn't do anything to deserve that from me, I really do hope that I haven't hurt you today but deep down I know that it's inevitable. I was avoiding you because I felt embarrassed, embarrassed that my family member would do such a thing to someone I love and that I didn't do something about it sooner, I know that doesn't give me a free pass for what I did earlier but I really do hope you can forgive me cause I'm really sorry cheol. I really am sorry.' Lani lifted her head to face the older with clouded vision as tears streamed down her cheeks. 'Will you forgive me?' Seungcheol smiled at the younger, despite not being able to see her clearly through his own tears, and nodded softly raising his hands to either side of Lani's face, and using his thumbs to rub her tears off of her face. 'Of course I can forgive you nini, it just hurt you know the feeling that I'd let you down was so strong from the very minute I got the text. I thought I had failed to make you happy because of what your aunt sent me, and this morning just hit my like a truck because I was still sappy over last night. But of course I will forgive you dont worry.'