16

Lani shivered as she felt a sharp gust of wind hit the back of her neck, unconsciously moving closer to the person walking next to her. 'Are you a bit cold there nini?' Chan asked with a slight chuckle before wrapping his arms around lani as they waited for the slower 12 to catch up. 'Hey! Will you two lovebirds stop walking off!' Chan felt his cheeks turn red as lani let out an awkward giggle before having her hand grabbed by joshua and felt herself being pulled from Chans embrace.

'I get that you two are used to walking to school but please slow it down for the old ones.' Soonyoung said jokingly while clearly gesturing to the oldest three among them. 'Why you little sh*t!' Seungcheol shouted before sprinting after the younger, the remaining 13 of the group had signs of adoration in their eyes as soonyoung was playfully tackled to the floor, before seungcheol tightly wrapped his arms around the latter and snuggled into his chest.

They had reached the field before the two ran off, so the group just left them be. Soon everyone had filtered off in their own directions. Jeonghan, chan and mingyu had gone too take some photographs while minghao, Joshua, seungkwan and seokmin slowly making their way toward the flower filled field to their left. Wonwoo, vernon and jun had gone toward the little pond clearing that was behind the trees somewhere and soon it was only Lani left with jihoon.

Lani felt her cheeks flush as she was pulled onto jihoons lap, who by now has set up the picnic blanket and was making himself comfortable hoping that Lani was too. 'Yah don't do that you scared me!' She said while giving jihoon a little slap to the shoulder. The older chuckled before burying his face in her neck and leaving little kisses on her neck. At first the feeling was weird to Lani but she soon got used to it and was now watching seungcheol and Soonyoung make their way over to the group at the pond clearing.

Suddenly Lani stood up and sat next to jihoon instead so she could see him better and they conversed about their music preferences. Soon Joshua made his way back toward the two and took a seat on the other side of Lani. 'Nini can I ask you a question?' Lani hummed while the watched the photography group make their way to the flower group. 'Well I noticed that you looked like you had doubts when we asked if you were okay to be our soulmate, and I just wanted to double check that we weren't making you uncomfortable.'

Lani her head on Josh's shoulder, 'do you want the full reason or just a summary?' She looked up at his eyes as she awaited an answer. 'The full reason' it was jihoons voice that Lani heard and as she turned around she saw looks of encouragement in his eyes though she could tell that he wouldn't force her to speak if she didn't want to.

'My parents leave me for weeks on end, my brother left me to move in with his fiancé and I haven't seen him since and my grandparents all think I'm a failure-' Lani looked into the distance not wanting to look into the eyes of her companions. 'Not to mention the fact that my auntie and uncle hate me and so do my cousins, I have trust issues from my childhood best friend and I have multiple mental disorders. I guess I just thought that I was too much of a problem for you guys to have to deal with.'

Joshua could swear the whole world could hear his heart break, as he pulled Lani into his chest 'your completely wrong, your not to much for us to deal with and we are so happy that your our soulmate, please never think any less' Before Lani could answer a voice was heard from the flower field. 'SHUA HYUNG!! COME HERE!!' The three let out soft chuckles as joshua got back up and started to walk away again, not before turning around to the other two and saying. 'I'll be back just gotta go check on the kids.'

A/n- very short chapter but I had exams so I am currently writing the next chapter but have this for now. Also just the usual. :) hope you enjoy.