22

Lani shivered as she hurriedly shut the door, rubbing her hands to get her in an attempt to warm herself up and hoping none of the boys had woken up. Her ankle had seemed to be a lot better after wonwoo elevated it. It was 5:45 in the morning and Lani had woken up before all of the boys. After the events of last night they wouldn't let Lani go home so she had slept at their house.

She was going to go on a walk to clear her mind, and it was times like these when she was glad she had terrible memory because she had left her hat and gloves here the other week after their day out in the woods, resulting in her not being able to leave the house as much cause her parents hats were in England with them.

She silently thanked seungcheol for giving her his hoodie and some sweatpants last night because hers were all dirty from laying on the ground, not to mention the blood on the top she had on, and put her hat on her head picking up her wallet,phone and gloves before quietly opening the door and stepping outside. Before closing he door she took a glance at the group of boys piled onto the couches and smiled softly closing the door before any of them would wake up from the cold.She connected her earphones to her phone sighing softly as the music entered her ears, before she put the phone in her pocket and put her gloves on her hands setting of down the dark and snowy street.

Lani still had at least an 3/4 of an hour before most shops open,so she ended up just wandering around the streets of their small town. She made her way toward the dance studio though she was not going into it, and came across hobi preparing to open up the studio. 'Morning hobi.' Said male jumped slightly before turning around and realising who the voice belonged. Lani sent him a warm smile while taking her hand out of her pocket to wave at the older. 'Morning Lani, why are you up so early? From what you've told me you don't go to sleep until the sun rises, wait you have slept haven't you?' Lani chuckled and nodded resulting in a big sigh from hobi.

Although hobi was of no relation to Lani the girl spent most of her time at the dance studio since she was 7 and he was 11, and when hobi took over the studio from his father at the age of 17 they often ended up having deep conversations with eachother. The girl had let hobi stay at her house multiple times after he had argued with his then boyfriend now husband, the latter meeting her parents once or twice. Hobi had sworn to her parents that while they were away on business trips and her brother was at college in America, he would ensure her safety and make sure she always had someone she could come to. 'Can I help you open up?' Hobi smiled before looking up at the younger again her face barely visible on the dimly lit street, 'sure, why not'.

The two made their way into the building after opening the front of the building, and hobi flicked the light switch. 'Right could you go to the desk and check the register and shout out all the bookings I have today.' They spent half an hour tidying everything up leaving 15 minutes before hobi opened. 'Right we're don- wait Lani why happened to your face!' Shit, she didn't cover up her bruises before leaving this morning.

Lani felt tears prick her eyes as though she cried a lot last night she always answer with a swift I'm fine when someone questioned the pain she was in, but now she was with someone she saw as an older brother it was like the glass that had been slowly filling up since the fight, was finally overflowing as she flung her arms around hobi and cried into his shoulder. 'Hey, hey Lani what happened.' The two friends slumped to the floor as hobi rubbed comforting circles on the youngers back. 'I couldn't do it hobi, I told you that I'd be able to protect myself but I let you down' hobi felt himself tear up as he looked into Lani's eyes, 'hey! Shh, it's ok, there no problem with that. You got up again, right? There's nothing better then getting back up after a fight, cause that will show whoever did it that it didn't wound you permanently. So I could not be prouder. Don't worry you didn't let me down.'

Lani smiled before wiping her tears and getting up, sighing before letting out a chuckle. ' I know you were trying to be mad when you saw my face but you just looked adorable, yoongi is lucky to have you hobi.' She said as she put her hat back on deciding against the gloves as it had warmed up a bit. 'Hey i was trying okay! But on a serious note don't be afraid to text or call me if you need anything.' Lani nodded and gave hoseok one last hug before makimg her way out of the now open dance studio.
_________________________________

Lani sighed as she entered the cafe, chuckling as she saw none other than hoseok's husband standing at the counter on his own. 'Wow! now I get the pleasure of speaking to the other half, hang on let me tell you how lucky hobi is to have you!' Yoongi chuckled as he, looked at Lani's concentration face. Lani let out a small laugh before she walked toward the counter, 'what would you like Lani?' Yoongi asked with a smile.
'13 americano's, 1 iced caramel latte, and 14 breakfast sandwiches please' she answered with a big grin on her face. Yoongi chuckled as he started on the order.

Around 10 minutes later, Lani was walking back to the boys' house having payed for the food and bided goodbye to yoongi. She took a deep breath, taking in the scene of the streets during sunrise. With the scenery and her music Lani felt at ease and due to her only using one earphone she could still hear the birds chirping and the trees swaying in the wind.

__________________________________

Lani opened the door to find 12 of the boys still asleep, but before she question where the last one was Joshua walked out of the kitchen with a glass of water in his hands. His eyes immediately met Lani's as he sent her a small smile before whispering to her, 'I thought you went home nini?' Lani shook her head before making her way into the kitchen and placing all the food on plates. Due to her focus being on the food Lani didn't notice the set of eyes watching her every move, taking in her features in the early morning sunlight. He walked up to Lani and took ahold of her hands turning her in his direction so that she was looking in his eyes.

Joshua placed a stray piece of hair behind her ear before looking into her eyes and placing his hands on either side of her face slowly caressing the soft skin with his thumbs. Lani thought Joshua looked ethereal in the morning sun, with his messy hair and messy clothes, she smiled at him and they stood admiring eachother before Joshua spoke up. 'Can I?' Lani softly nodded against the older hand, and Joshua leaned in, her hands made their way around Joshua's neck as their lips fit together perfectly. As they pulled away, Joshua once again tucked Lani's hair behind her ear before taking a step backward and taking a hold of Lani's hand, 'right then, let's go wake the sleeping toddlers up.' Lani giggled as she was pulled toward the living room, Lani looked at Joshua confused as he walked toward his phone and started typing.

Joshua indicated that Lani should cover her ears, Lani took his advice just in time as he began playing really loud music that immediately woke up the remaining boys. Groans were heard along with the noise of seungcheol snatching Joshua's phone and turning the music off. 'What was that for?' Vernon asked sending a sleepy glare to the older. 'Lani bought us food' the boys eyes snapped to the younger as she sheepishly smiled and waved at the group.

The boys hurled toward the kitchen table and all took seats around it, before thanking Lani for the food and beginning to eat. And just like that the rest of the morning was filled with laughs, hugs and jokes.

——————————————
A/n- right well I thought I uploaded this yesterday but obviously forgot to, but anyway here you go. This chapter was more focused on Lani's relations with hobi and yoongi cause their gonna play a big part in the book but I hope you enjoyed it and please tell me if I made any mistakes. Also tell me if you have any thing you'd like to see the group do. :)