21

(Bold is English)

Lani sighed as she felt two sleeping figures laying next to her, the two older boys had spent a good 10 minutes crying and combined with all the tears they shed when she was asleep, well it really tired them out. Lani flung her legs over the side of the bed carefully as to not his jihoon who was sleeping on the chair next to her. The teenager stumbled as she stood up ,still feeling slightly dizzy, before making her way to the door.

Lani held onto the wall as she made her way down the stairs, briefly stopping halfway down to blink away the small black spots in the corners of her eyes.

Mingyu's eyes snapped up from the group of 11 sleeping boys as he heard footsteps, after realising it was Lani he quickly got up rushing to her side. 'You shouldn't be up nini!' He whisper yelled before carefully leading the latter to the kitchen. 'I'm fine-' she looked in his direction seeing a concerned look on his face as he helped her sit on the chair '-honestly.' Mingyu sighed before standing up to look at Lani, 'wait why were you limping?' He gave her a questioning look.

Seeing a guilty look on lani's face his eyes widened 'Lani-' he started before kneeling down infront of the younger, 'we told you to tell us what hurt, why didn't you?'. Lani felt tears pool in her eyes as she hid her face in her hands, mingyu quickly wrapped his arms around her letting the latter cry into his shoulder. By this point the two boys upstairs had run to the other group as fast as they could.

'Where's Lani?' Jihoon questioned as he saw the 10 sleepy figures arise off of the sofa. 'What do you mean?' Vernon yawned before making his way to Seungkwan and wrapping his arms around his waist, subtly assessing the dried tear stains on the older cheeks. 'I mean we woke up and she wasn't in the bed where we told her to rest?!' silence was heard as the boys looked around, before seungcheol spoke up. 'Gyu's not here either'.It took the sleepy boys a few seconds to process before their heads clocked what was happening. They all shared a knowing look before splitting up to find the younger and mingyu.

After a while a frantic jun and Joshua finally ended up at the kithchen, it was their last spot, though the two froze when that saw what was happening in the kitchen. Lani was curled up in a ball while mingyu was frantically trying to calm her down. The younger boy obviously being pushed away unlike two minutes ago. The two boys slowly and quietly made their was over to the two on the floor, the rest of the boys taking seats on the counter at the other side of the room as if to give the four space but still be able to hear the conversation.

'Hey, hey nini what's wrong?' Jun said softly while stroking her hair but ultimately feeling his heart shatter into a million pieces as the latter backed away from his touch. Joshua turned to jun and whispered for him to make sure mingyu was okay as he was now in tears himself probably piling all the blame on his own actions. 'I've got this you go to the others." Jun was hesitant but seeing Joshua's comforting and determined smile he nodded before making his was to the younger boy and taking him onto the rest of the group where he was quickly checked up on.

'What happened gyu, are you okay?' Jeonghan said calmly and softly while rubbing circles on the youngers back, who was currently clinging on to him for dear life. 'She was limping hyung! I felt as if I had really failed at trying to protect her cause even though I fought the boy she was still hurt, and when I questioned her she just started crying. I don't like seeing her like this.' The boy sobbed into jeonghan's arms as the latter eyes also started to water knowing how much pressure the puppy like teenager placed on himself to ensure the protection of his soulmates.

————————
'Hey nini what's wrong,you know you can talk to me.' The girl slowly raised her head so that her eyes met with the brown orbs owned by the voice that had spoken to her. She immediately threw herself at the older spewing multiple sorry at the boy before calming down a little to answer his question. 'I'm sorry that all I've ever brought to you and the boys is confusion and pain, this is what I meant by I'm terrible soulmate material-' the young girl chuckled '-hell I even caused one of you to get hurt just because I'm to weak to retaliate a punch. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry!' The girls sobs grew louder again as 11other sets of eyes watched the scene in both confusion and suspense, with only vernon being able to understand what was going on.

Minghao's head snapped to his left when he remembered that vernon also speaks English, 'hey nonnie what are they saying? Is it bad? Does she hate us?'. The young Chinese was panicking, but all of his and the rests worries were soon put down as vernon turned to the group, 'she doesn't hate us but she does think it's her fault that gyu is hurt just because she can't retaliate a punch and she thinks that all she's brought us is confusion and pain.' The boys were taken by surprise by this and also by the fact that vernon had tears in his eyes, they had only seen the boy cry a few times and it still worried them because if he was crying something bad was happening.

Mingyu slowly broke out of jeonghan's hold, much to the older despair,and made his was to Lani before sitting down on the floor and pulling the latter toward him so that she was in his tight embrace. 'I'm so sorry gyu!' Mingyu who had previously halted his crying now had a fresh round of tears in his eyes watching his youngest soulmate blame herself for something that wasn't her fault. 'No! No! I'm sorry, Nini it's not your fault at all, I did it to make sure you were safe! If anyone failed it was me, because your still hurt when I said I wouldn't let you get hurt! Mingyu pushed at few strands of Lani's hair behind her ear before looking into the eyes of the younger.

By now the two had forgotten the presence of 12 other boys in the kitchen ,but that didn't matter as all they could think of was making sure the other was okay. Lani picked up mingyu's hand inspecting it, this cause another wave of tears to fall from her eyes, 'why! Why though! Why get yourself hurt when I was the one they were after!' She looked in his eyes ,though she couldn't see them fully at the moment due to her cloudy eyes. 'Because you mean more to me, and to us then you can even imagine. By no means have you only brought us confused and pain, you were one of the 13 best things to happen to me in my life! And I am proud to share that, and punch whoever goes to far!'

Mingyu cupped the younger's cheek, rubbing his thumb across the soft and wet skin due to the tears, he sent her a small smile in an attempt to comfort the girl before letting his eyes pass from her eyes to her lips. Mingyu slowly leaned forward tilting his head to the side slightly. Lani was surprised when she felt a pair of soft lips touch her own, but after a shot amount of time Lani accepted the kiss making her lips more accessible for the male in front of her. She sighed against the kiss before the two ultimately split, mingyu looked the younger in the eyes, being immediately captivated by ocean blue orbs feeling as if he could get lost in them.

After a few seconds mingyu stood up offering a hand to Lani who was sat on the floor to help her up, the latter happily accepted it and stood herself up instantaneously regretting her decision. 'Ah fuck!' She winced, 'what's wrong is it your ankle?' Joshua, who had been in close proximity to the conversation, panicked. The girl nodded before swiftly being swiped up by wonwoo who had made his way over with an ice pack. She was carried toward the lounge room and placed on the sofa with her leg being lifted up so it could sit on the coffee table. The ice was placed on her ankle and Lani relaxed feeling calmer now that there was a little bit less pain.

'Better?' Lani smiled closing her eyes and nodding at chan's voice who was beside her before laying her head o. His shoulder and dozing off to sleep.

———————————————————————-

Alrighty then I would like to state my normal information, but also thank you so much for 17k and I appreciate all of your feedback on the story , please continue and if your feeling brave even give me ideas of something else you want to do with the characters . Once again thank you and please inform me of any stupid mistakes I have made.

-author :)