#5

It was sunny out, as usual. My seat was unfortunately beside the window, with the sun in my eyes.

I hated it. But hey, gotta maintain my perfect attendance.

I glanced around to the back, at Minak and his friends Alon and Valdirene. Alon was a tall dude with a white buzzcut and silver eraings, fair skin, dark eyes and freckles across his nose. He looked pretty good honestly. Not as good as Minak though.

What.

No.

Didnt mean that.

Anyway, Valdirene was a short cute brunnete. She had the face and physique of a model. Almost all the guys in school swoon over her. I found the whole thing somewhat amusing, because me being as straight as a broomstick, she didnt make me feel shit.

They always hung out together. I sighed and turned to the front, wincing a bit at the sunlight in my eyes.

Fuck.

Imma ask my teacher if i can change my seat temporarily until the sun moves a tad bit. By now the nerves behind my eyeballs was starting to throb.

I rested my head on the desk and groaned, kinda impatient for class to start.

Huh, maybe i could plug in my earphones while im at it. At least that way i wont be bored.

I glanced back at Minak again while i pulled my earphones out of my pocket. To my horror he returned my gaze, visibly glaring.
Shit.

I spun my head around immediately, heartbeat speeding up.

Fuck.

Nick turned his head around to face me. He raised an eyebrow.

I flipped him off.

To my relief, Mrs.Weeds arrived in class just then. I sighed and smiled at her.

"Good morning"

"Good morning ma'am"

"Everyone to your seats please"

I watched Val walk up to her desk at the front. She was an A grade student as well, just like me. She glanced back at me and smiled. I smiled back.

She was friendly.

"Alright, how many of you have done your Maths homework"

I quickly pulled my Notebook out of my bag and waved it in the air. "Done the extra questions as well"

"Well, very good Caz" I felt proud of myself when Mrs.Weeds smiled brightly at me. Out of instinct, I glance back at Minak. I dont know why i did that but i did.

He was leaning back on his chair, bobbing his head to something playing through his earphones. He glanced at me then, again.
And frowned at me.

I pursed my lips and sat straight again.
He's always like that, nothing to worry about.

After a few classes we had P.E. I grabbed my water bottle and ran out with everyone else, and as usual, Nick bumped into me from behind.

"Dude!"

"Im sorry!'

I laughed and returned my gaze to my front. One of Nick's friends, Boris stumbled over to us. He and Nick gave each other fistbumps and then Boris turned to me. "Hey man"

"Hey Boris"

He was the same height as Nick, short black hair and dark skin, darker than mine. He was thin, like, extremely thin. Sometimes i look at him and feel weird. Like i have to call an ambulance or something.

"Whassup?"

"Im fine, you?"

"Im great! Oh im so gonna kill it at basketball practice today!"

The kids started walking out behind our P.E teacher, and we followed them. I chuckled. "I dont think we have Basketball practice today"

"Huh?"

"Remember? Last week? Mr.Leo mentioned something about Dodgeball?"

"Oh shit-"

Nick barked out a laugh, grabbing a few students attention. I smiled awkwardly at them, then glared at Nick.

That was extremely unnecessary.

I panicked, a ball sailed right towards my nose. I didnt have time to move aside either. It smacked me on the face, hard.

Fortunately i didnt fall or anything, just stumbled. The pain exploded in my head though.

Nick came running towards me. "You okay?!"

"Yeah im fine"

I didnt realize i had my eyes shut tight until i opened them. The first thing i saw was Minak staring at me with a... concerned expression?

What?

Once he noticed me looking back at him, he quickly turned towards the other players. Well that was weird.

Nick patted me on the back, "you dont have to keep playing if you ca- agh!"

I yelped as a ball hit Nick on his crotch, making him topple over and fall on his back. I had my mouth slightly open before barking out a laugh. I averted my gaze to whoever threw the ball.

My unsuspecting eyes landed on a laughing Minak, holding another ball under his left arm. For a while there i felt a bit lost. He looked... almost angelic, his lips parted into a grin, his crimson hair falling beautifully over his handsome face. His-

Caz Caz Caz no stop. Dude, no-

He's not angelic.

Shut up

Shut. Up.

I turned back to help Nick to his feet. He groaned and stood up holding my hand. "Well that was embarrassing"

"Yeah it kinda was" i clapped him on the back, then decided to focus on the game.
And, tried to not think about Minak.

___________
Leave a comment (. ⁠❛⁠ - ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

860 words