#19

I really enjoyed staying here with Minak, I didn't want to leave yet.

That wasn't what Minak's aunt want thinking though. "When did I tell you you could bring people in here without asking me?"

I hid behind Minak and closed my eyes. His aunt was loud, her voice hoarse almost like a man, and she was big. Not fat, just extremely buff.

She scared me.

"I can bring whoever the fuck I want so shut up and leave" Minak said back to her. I could sense the fear in his voice.

His aunt scoffed.

"Oh really?" I gasped when she grabbed Minak by his neck and lifted him off the ground.
"You'll regret letting those words slip out of your filthy mouth"

Before I could protest, Minak was flung through the air crashing into the wall. I scrambled off of bed and ran to his aid, glaring at the woman standing in front of us.

Minak's eyes were fluttering shut, a low moan of pain escaping his lips.

"How could you do that?!" I yelled at her, not caring about myself or how dangerous she was right now. Her audacity to hurt my Minak.

Fucking... Ugh, I wanted to kill her.

She didnt say anything else, just scoffed and left the room, banging the door shut behind her.

I cupped Min's cheek in my hand and peered into his eyes. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

He smiled at me. "I'm alright baby" he then tried standing up. I helped him. He had a slight limp but he seems fine mostly.

Then I noticed the red scratch on his cheek.

My inner mother hen appeared as I quickly went to the bathroom to get a first aid kit. All apartments had one of those in the bathroom, right?

Yep. I spotted the medicine cabinet beside the sink. Quickly grabbing some cotton, alcohol, and a bandaid, I marched back to the bedroom.

Minak was leaning back against the headboard, and to my horror, I spotted a few tears slipping over his cheek.

"Min?"

He immediately wiped the tears off of his face and glanced at me. "Yeah?"

"Were you crying?"

He didn't say anything, just sat straight and cleared his throat. "No I just... my eyes tend to do that sometimes"

I nodded and sat infront of him on the bed, slighty dipping the cotton into the alcohol, and dabbing it against Minak's cheek.

He winced a bit. I smiled. "That hurts?"

He shook his head and smiled back at me.

Without warning, he hugged me, taking me by surprise. My eyes widened as a faint blush appeared on my cheeks. I hesitantly hugged him back.

"I really love you..." He whispered in my ear. My cheeks got warmer at that.

What was he doing? Turning all sappy out of the blue?

"Oh.." I didn't know what to say. I felt his lips pull back into a smile against my neck. "I love you so much.."

Okay this was getting weird. He pulled away from the hug, his hands gripping my shoulders tight.

"When you suddenly decided to tend to the small cut on my cheek, I kinda remembered back then, I used to beat you up at school, I have given you bruises and cuts that I never tended to. I just... feel bad for that. I really love you y'know"

Wow...

"I...I don't know what to say..."  I ended up just staring at his face, dumbfounded.

He sighed and chuckled. "I'm so sorry, that must've seemed so weird-" he quickly pulled back and scratched his neck, his cheeks turning red. I snapped out of my trance just then.

"No no it's okay! I.. that was just... very sudden" I leaned into him after saying that, hugging him again.

He was warm and comfy to cuddle. I'd love to be able to do this every morning. He hugged me back. Then said something that made my heart flutter real aggressively.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

I paused and pulled back. I stared into his bright yellow eyes, trying to figure out if he was serious or...

He was serious.

I grabbed the bandaid, and stuck it onto the scratch on his cheek, making sure to be careful and not hurt him.

Then I locked eyes with him again.

"I'll... think about it"

_________
Feedback pls 😗

724 words