#41

Callie

I heard whispers around me as I left my office. It made me feel slightly uncomfortable, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a bit proud as well.

Besides, one's gotta focus on their positive emotions am I wrong?

She held my hand gently in the hallway, giving me a soft smile. "Callie Vivie.. will you be my girlfriend?"

I didn't say anything, just averted my eyes and sighed. "I uh.."

She waited, looking a bit nervous too. I'd feel bad for ages if I rejected her. And besides, she was a nice person. I guess I could give it a shot. I wasn't living with my parents anymore so that wouldn't be a problem

I smiled. "Ofcourse"

She had pinned me against the wall right there and kissed my mouth off. And I had let out soft moans here and there but, not soft enough for passerbys to not head me.

Hence the reason people were whispering about me.

"I thought she was homophobic"

"She has a girlfriend?"

"Whoa, what would her parents say?"

People here knew my mom and dad really well. Because they used to work here too actually. This was a 37 year old company so...

They kinda sorta wanted my little brother to get employed here as well. But he was more focused on his café job. I remember him telling me he wanted to own the café later on in his life.

I chuckled. I had a girlfriend. This was... nice really.

Grabbing my handbag, I walked out to Diana waiting for me at her car. She had started driving me home almost every day. And almost every time, I used to rest my head on her lap, letting her play with my hair.

She really liked my hair.

"You'll have to let me style this masterpiece sometime next Monday" she mumbled. I could sense her smile in her tone, and I smiled as well.

I had decided to hit the café again this evening. Grabbing my handbag and jacket, I slipped my sneakers on and headed out. It was a few blocks down, not too far for me to walk. My car needed a rest.

Now that I think about it, I haven't used it for a while now. Heh, funni

"Hey" a voice behind me had interrupted my thoughts. I glanced back, at a man with a suit on and his short black hair slicked back. He smiled at me.

"What is it?"

"Can't help but notice, you look beautiful today"

I took a close look at him and noticed he looked familiar. He used to work at Watches n Co as well. But he recently got fired. I don't know why. I never bothered to find out.

I pursed my lips and ignored him, making my way towards 'Iced Coffee'. I heard him ask me questions as he followed me.

I started getting slightly annoyed.

"If you'd give me a chance. Let me show you how good a boyfriend I can be"

I ignored him

"Just let me talk to you"

I ignored him

"Please, give me a chance. I really like you. I never had the courage to tell you about it"

I gritted my teeth and sighed. "I have a girlfriend"

His footsteps behind me had stopped as my smiled and continued heading towards the cafe. I had the urge to glance back at him but I didn't.

Once I arrived at the café, I was greeted by my little brother at the door. I chuckled, really happy to see him.

"Caz!" I ran up to my brother and hugged him tight. He hugged me back. "I missed you"

"Well now I'm here" I smiled and kissed his cheek. He in turn kissed mine.

I didn't see him for the rest of my time there though. He got a bit busy. I sighed and sat alone at my table, slowly stirring my milk coffee and scrolling through my Instagram feed. Meanwhile I had received a snap from my girlfriend.

I opened it and saw her holding up the peace sign, someone behind her who I was assuming was her dad. He had a white buzz cut and looked young and old at the same time. I smiled. They looked sweet together.

The caption read taking my dad out shopping tonight. Wanna come?

I turned my camera on and snapped myself, putting on my sweetest smile. I wrote down a caption.

Ofcourse, sounds fun

A hand on my shoulder had interrupted me, again.

"Is that your girlfriend?" The familiar annoying voice had asked me. I grimaced. "Yes"

"If you ask me, she looks like someone who'd cheat without a second thought."

Is this guy for real right now..

"I don't care. Fuck off"

"Just gimme a chance"

I resisted the urge to punch him, but, someone else had done it for me before I could raise my fist in the air.

"Don't fucking bother her you imbecile"

__________
Vote and feedback pls lol

831 words