#20

I sat quietly sat on the edge of my bed, thinking about what Minak had said to me.

"Will you be my boyfriend.." I kept repeating the sentence, getting butterflies in my stomache.

He's the school bully. Well, not really, but that was what he was known as around here. If I started dating him, either one of two things is gonna happen.

One. People would get scared of me and try to ignore me, everyone except Alon and Valdirene.

Two. I'd be able to change him, and we'd both have a good relationship with the people around us.

None of them were all that bad, since I didn't have much friends in the first place. I wouldn't have anything to lose for it. Except...

If my parents find out, they'd... I don't even know and, I dont really wanna know.

The door opened and Callie stepped in, Spike at her heels. I glanced up at her. "Hi..."

"Hey bud, whatcha up to?" She sat down beside me, and I sighed. "Just... Thinking.."
"About?"

Should I tell her? I think I should tell her.

"I have a crush, and uh, he asked me to be his boyfriend yesterday"

Callie seemed to have frozen in place, her cheerful smile slowly fading away. "He?"

Wait, oh fuck. I didn't mean to tell her my crush's gender. I'm dumb.

Fucking dumb.

Callie stood off of bed and stalked towards the door. I quickly grabbed her hand, and she turned to face me. "Let me go"

"Please, don't tell mom. Please. Please I'll do anything"

She grinned. "Not gonna work, freak-" she yanked her hand free and left, banging the door behind her.

I didn't breath. I didn't want to breathe. But eventually I let out a breath, hand clamping down on my mouth as a few tears slipped over my cheeks.

I'm screwed.

It didn't take as much as 5 fucking minutes, my mom and dad barged into my room, snapping me out of my depressive trance.

"Caz .. is this true? Are you.. gay?" Dad asked me, saying the word gay as if someone shat in his mouth

I felt a sharp pain in my chest as a lump formed in my throat. My parents were always so nice to me. Why now.
I... I felt like I should've ignored Minak all together.

"There's still time to change honey. Stop this, please."

I didn't say anything, just stared blankly at my parents and sister. Waiting for them to lash out at me or something.

They didn't.

Instead, my dad sighed. "Son... I'm sorry, but we can't have you living with us here"

What??

"What do you mean?"

"We're not gonna straight out kick you out of the house, no. But we'll be very honest. I'll.. be very honest. This wasn't what I raised you to be. This is absolutely unacceptable"

"..."

"Caz, we'll give you two days to move out or get rid of your disease. Your choice"

..disease.. they called it a disease..

"O-okay mom.."

They smiled and left me alone again. My brain felt all fuzzy, my eyes were watering now. I had to move out or stop liking Minak.

It was the most difficult decision I ever had to make.

I took a deep breath and held my head in my hands. I decided to call Nick on this. He'd know what to do.

After a few rings he picked up. "heyyy man whassup?"

"I'm moving out. I need someplace to stay. But I don't know where. I do think my café job would be enough for rent and stuff but-"

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa hollup there tiger, why're you moving out?"

"It's complicated.. uhm.. my parents found out I was gay.."

"Oh shit dude, I'm so sorry. I don't advice you to change who you are. And hey! Good news! There's a spare room in the apartment I'm living in. On the floor right below mine"

"For real?" I perked up. This was great! I'm moving out. God I gotta start packing my stuff up. Nick laughed on the other end.

"Ofcourse bud! I've gotchu don worry!"

I felt like crying happy tears, "thank you thank you so much!"

Nick chuckled again. "Again, no problemo homie"

I hung up and sighed, smiling. I actually gonna go live on my own now. Really hope I don't mess anything up.

______
Feedback pls 😗
Also tysm for 1K reads, love y'all <3

729 words