CHAPTER 3 : The Desire

CHAPTER 3

ARIANA LINCOLN

Disappointed in myself, I just couldn't let it out of my mind. Ringing Nick I asked him to set another interview this time with Antonio D'Angelo. The man who I have so much info about.

If not Alessandro, I am damn sure Antonio can lead me to something.

I was lost in my thoughts while cooking when I heard the doorbell. Switching the gas knob at a low level I once looked at the clock... It was 8.

Expected.

I ran to take the door, opening it. A man stood at the door in a black tee and a pair of black slacks and also the most important one a black mask and a cap, to hide his identity from the people.

I rolled my eyes and walked back towards the kitchen.

I resumed my cooking while he came into the kitchen and leaned against the island staring at me. On the other hand, my focus was on the food.

I am not talking to him.

For a complete two minutes we stood in silence, none of us spoke a word, he just stared at me.

"Are you just gonna ignore me now?" Finally something came out of his mouth.

I looked up from the food, his mask was gone. He stood with legs crossed and hands stuffed inside his slacks pockets. "What are you expecting? Hugs and kisses? Showing up after a week wouldn't get you those."

"I was busy."

"Good. Feels like I don't have any work, waiting for you every night like a fool."

He sighed and switched off the gas knob.

"What are you doing, Aless?" I asked, irritated.

Pulling me towards himself, he wrapped his hands around my waist "Rectifying my mistake."

I pushed him back, pulling myself out of his hold "Not this time. Continue your work. I will be fine on my own."

I headed back to my room but as soon as I entered the room a hand held mine. He closed the door of the room, pinned my hands back pushing me against the door with my back facing him. Slowly his hand came up wrapping around my throat.

I could feel his hot breath on my neck. He nipped on my earlobe "I missed you."

I tried getting out of his hold but he was too strong. "Let go of me."

Suddenly all the warmth was gone and he moved back, I turned towards him to find him standing at a distance from me.

"Quit interfering in my business." He spoke.

I knew this was coming.

"Or what? What are you gonna do, Aless?"

A light chuckle left his mouth "You know you are the only person who gets to throw her tantrums on me."

"I think that's because I ain't scared of you."

"You being scared of me would be the last thing I want to see."

"Thinking you can hide behind that mask of the oh-so-saint billionaire, is wrong. You will be exposed some day."

"Threats, I see."

"Not the fake ones though."

"I don't understand Ari, why the hell are you so eager to hate me?"

I stopped at that point trying to go through his words once again. I stared at him for a moment "What? Eager to hate you? Why would you say that?"