CHAPTER 8 : The Warning.

CHAPTER 8

PRESENT DAY

ARIANA D'ANGELO

When I reached my office I was invited by a very much angry face. Bruno stood at the door waiting for me I guess with his hands on his waist.

I went to him and greeted him in a cheerful tone "Buongiorno, Signore."
["Good Morning, Sir."]

You are so dead bish.

He took a moment to process this sudden sweet behaviour of mine then spoke "Something is definitely wrong. What did you do this time?"

I sighed taking a deep breath "Nothing. Everything went just fine." He doesn't know that I almost fought Aless in the interview.

"Stop lying and spill the truth."

"I am telling the truth, why don't you trust me?"

"Trust you." He let out a humorous laugh "If I start trusting you then I have to sit on the streets within a few days."

Ah! Embarrassing. I am not that bad.

Not bad? Really? You do think highly of yourself. This man almost got arrested once because of you. And another time the whole staff was about to get fired because of your good deeds.

Note the sarcasm.

But look nothing happened. Staffs are still working here and the oldie is still in front of me... out of prison. Sad life.

Ungrateful bitch.

"You know right, I can speak to Mr. D'Angelo and get the truth about your behaviour."

I gulped.

Do it.

Nah! That'll be a very bad idea. I'll be fired if you talk to him.

I nodded acting confident "Go on ask him. I did no wrong."

He scanned my face for a moment then nodded, taking out his phone from his pocket.

Fuck!

"But don't you think if I wasn't well behaved he would've informed you himself. I mean these rich people don't like rude people such as me."

He processed what I was trying to say then set his phone back in his pocket.

I sighed in relief. Thank God!

The old grumpy turned to me and spoke in annoyance "Get back to work and I want all the details you got from the interview in my office."

I nodded and he went back to his office.

In my office room I met another creature as I entered, a smiling creature. Nick stood at the entrance scaring the shit out of me with his sudden appearance.

I clutched my chest "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

He smiled "Guess what?"

"What?" I entered the room placing my bag on the desk.

"You'll be so proud of me today."

"What did you do now?" I asked a bit worried what mess am I gonna face. Never does he do anything fruitful for me. He always gets me in trouble.

"I got us an interview... with Antonio D'Angelo."

I squealed "What? Really?"

He nodded.

"Jesus Christ! You are the best!"

He sat on the chair in front of me with one leg on top of the other then spoke "I'm flattered. You can take me out on lunch if you want."