CHAPTER 39 : Falling Apart.

CHAPTER 39

ALESSANDRO D'ANGELO

"It's over Aless, it's all over." Her words repeated in my head.

No Ari. Not so easily.

I am not letting you leave me again.

It took me six years to get you back, not this easily.

I ran upstairs to her room. I tried opening the door but it was locked. I knocked on the door but there was no reply. I could hear her sniffling.

I banged the door "Ariana!"

Again no reply.

"Ariana, open the door!"

"Go away, Aless! I don't wanna talk to you!"

I knew one thing, she was right behind the door.

"Go away." She cried.

"I know my apologies are not enough this time."

"Go away Aless."

I leaned against the door. I could feel tears gathering in my eyes.

I can't watch her leave again. I can't just let her leave.

"Ari."

"W-Why? Why?"

"I don't have answers."

I could hear her crying, she was crying like a baby and trust me just hearing her cries was making my heart shatter.

I leaned my head against the door with my eyes closed.

I never wanted to be the reason of your cries Ari, but I have always been the one to hurt you again and again.

I waited for her to stop crying, not uttering a single word.

I promise you Ari, I won't ever again be the reason of your tears. This is my promise to you.

"Ari, please. Just let me see you." I almost begged her.

"Go away." She repeated crying her heart out.

"Not until I see you."

"I won't. I hate you."

I chuckled "I am not asking you to stop hating me, just let me see you once. I'll leave."

I heard the door being unlocked causing me to move away from it.

My body literally froze seeing her condition, she was a complete mess. Her eyes were swollen and red from crying. Her face was all red.

I moved closer to her, she wasn't raising her gaze at all. Her gaze was glued to the floor.

Christ!

My hands were shaking, I was scared to touch her. I was scared of the consequence when she feels my touch on her skin. I cupped her face in my hands which caused her to close her eyes.

My thumb automatically wiped her tears. I hate to see these tears.

My lips went nearer to her, placing a light kiss on her right cheek then left. I pecked her lips once while this whole time she stood just like a statue.

I placed my lips on her forehead and muttered "Punish me."

"Punish me as much as you want. If it helps you to reduce your pain just punish me."

She was trying to push me back but I didn't want to let go of her. I don't want her to push me away.

I held her waist, stopping her from moving any further.