CHAPTER 41 : Nightmares.

CHAPTER 41

ARIANA LINCOLN

I was dressed in one of his shirts, and was waiting for him on the bed.

He did come back to me. He kept his promise.

He looked so broken.

For the first time I have seen him broken, for the first time I have seen his urge to want to cry.

I extended both my hands asking him to come to me.

He stared at me for a few seconds, then started walking in my direction. Getting on the bed, he laid down resting his head on my lap.

I ran my fingers through his hair while he stared at the ceiling not uttering a word.

I am not giving him any speech right now because I know how much it hurts. Leaning closer to him, I placed a light kiss on his forehead.

He closed his eyes, taking my hand in his and placing it on his chest. He held my hand tightly like he was scared if he lets go I would leave him.

I kept tracing my finger through his hair until he fell asleep.

I didn't realise when I fell asleep.

I felt sudden movement and soft noises which woke me up.

I opened my eyes, we were still in the same position. My head was resting on the headboard of the bed and his head was on my lap. But he was moving, he was covered with sweat and breathing heavily. It was clear he was having a nightmare.

I kissed his forehead, rubbing his shoulders continuously to calm him down.

Suddenly he opened his eyes, sitting up on the bed.

His white shirt was covered in sweat.

He was impatiently looking here and there like he was searching for someone. He looked so scared.

"Aless." His eyes finally landed on me. Seeing me he sighed and closed his eyes to calm himself for a moment.

"It's okay, it was a nightmare."

He held his head breathing heavily.

"Aless."

He turned to me "I can't. I can't take this, it's too much."

I went closer to him, and started unbuttoning his shirt. He just stared up at me following my actions. I kept his shirt aside and laid him on the bed taking place beside him. I moved closer to him and hugged him to my chest, his hands wrapped around my waist pulling me closer to himself.

"You won't leave me, right?" He muttered.

"Never."

"Promise me, you won't."

"I promise, Aless."

"I'm sorry Ari for everything, for every pain I have caused you. Don't leave me please. Don't." He was begging me to not leave him.

It was Alessandro D'Angelo begging. The person who always commanded me to not leave him is begging in front of me.

"Shh... just sleep."

"It's scary." He replied holding me tightly.

"Just know, I'll always be there with you."

"I love you, Ari."

I smiled "I love you more."

I don't remember when we fell asleep but when I woke up it was morning already and Aless was nowhere in the room. There was a knock on the door, and a maid entered the room.