CHAPTER 32 : Care

CHAPTER 32

ARIANA LINCOLN

I don't know for how long I stood like a statue. I did not expect that.

I do care about him. It's not because of Ian's future I want him to be alive. I could feel tears in my eyes.

How could he say that?

I went to the kitchen, took his food and was about to go upstairs when my eyes fell on the floor... blood.

Drops of blood.

My eyes followed the drops to find them leading upstairs.

Is he injured?

I ran upstairs to his room, placed the food on a table and called him "Alessandro!" He didn't reply at first. So I called again "Alessandro!"

"Just go away Ariana."

His voice came from the washroom.

I knew if I knock he wouldn't allow me to enter and even if he is naked in there, there's nothing I haven't seen before. I don't care right now.

So I opened the door. There he stood shirtless, pressing the corner of his stomach with a cloth.

He raised his gaze to look up at me, which made him clench his jaw immediately.

"Get out, Ariana!" I was frozen at that point, my mind had just stopped working and my eyes were focussed on his wound.

I couldn't hear anything he was saying. Six years ago, when I left him, I didn't feel this. This feeling is so new... the feeling of losing the person I love the most.

"Ariana!" Finally I heard it. His voice. I heard it.

I looked up at him.

"Just get out."

I shook my head.

"Listen I-" he stopped. He couldn't complete his sentence. He placed his one hand on the counter to support himself. He was trying to endure the pain.

"D-Doctor." I was barely able to speak.

"No. No doctor. No hospital."

I nodded.

I don't know why he doesn't want a doctor. About the hospital I know, it's because of a police case he is clearly been shot.

I neared him.

"Ariana I can manage."

I ignored him and removed his hand from the wound. The white cloth was all soaked in red.

I scanned the wound and looked at him "Y-You w-won't die, right?"

He chuckled "Not today."

Everything is not a joke Alessandro.

He was shot, that's for sure but there wasn't any bullet. I guess the bullet just passed him.

"Get on the counter."

He tried sitting but couldn't, it was affecting his wound.

I picked up another cloth and some warm water in a bowl. I cleaned the wound, my hands were shaking continuously which was making it difficult to clean.

He held my hand to keep it steady "I am not dying."

Tears were already rolling down my cheeks, he guided my hand to clean the wound.

After I was done cleaning, I picked up the alcohol bottle from the counter.

"It's g-gonna hurt."

He blinked his eyes once signalling me to continue.