CHAPTER 6 : The Courage

CHAPTER 6

ARIANA LINCOLN

I woke up as always at 5 in the morning... I am used to waking up early. Taking a shower I took out a dress to change into but suddenly his words crossed my mind.

"From now on, you are gonna wear such dresses at home around me. When you will be comfortable enough, wear them outside too. That's completely your choice, but I want you wearing these clothes at home."

Taking out a knee length dress I wore as he wanted, I left my hair open. Checking for the last time in the mirror I decided to go downstairs. But as I was going down I stopped.

Should I wake him up?

He wouldn't be upset if I did that, would he?

What if he gets late for work?

First I knocked on the door but no reply. I did it again, still no reply. Slowly I opened the door to his room, the first thing my eyes caught was a figure on the bed. My breath hitched on seeing him like that. He was shirtless, a duvet covering his body upto the waist and he was laying on his stomach.

Waoh! He has a good physique.

My eyes were glued on him, those muscles, that back.... Jesus! Why am I acting like a complete pervert?

I stood in my place staring at the well built man laying right in front of me. Most importantly staring at his back which looks so attractive. While scanning, my eyes stopped on something.... a scar. There was a long scar on his waist.

What happened to him? Is he like me too? Did his Dad too.... ?

Suddenly he moved, he turned in front slowly, opening his eyes trying to adjust with the light. As his eyes opened, I was standing in front of him, maybe a bit distracted on seeing the scar that I didn't even notice he was awake.

He sat up on the bed staring straight at me "Why are you here?"

I think I have invaded his privacy. That scar wasn't for me to see. I wouldn't have liked him seeing my scars.

I didn't reply.

He got up from his bed and made his way towards me when we were about an inch away from each other, I took a step back. Looking down I said "I-I am sorry if I disturbed you. I didn't mean to invade your privacy."

Saying I ran back to my room.

How can I be so comfortable with him? We just met.

I sat on the bed staring blankly outside.

Home. Home is supposed to be a safe place, last night he called this place my home. Earlier in that house I didn't feel safe, the person who scared me was my own Mom and Dad, I feared them... I don't want to fear Alessandro. I know I don't even know him well, we just met yesterday but it's just that I don't want to fear him.

I don't know how long I stood staring outside my thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Expecting it to be a maid who would come to ask me for breakfast. I said without turning back "Come inside, please."

I heard the door opening and then closing.

"I don't want to have breakfast today." I spoke thinking it to be the lady from the other day. I don't want to face him after what I did this morning. Like an uninvited guest I entered his room and saw him half naked. Also the scar... it wasn't for me to see.

"And why is that?" I heard a male voice and that's when I turned back in shock. I was really not expecting him.

He was all dressed up for work wearing a black t-shirt with a biscuit coloured suit with hair set up not like this morning all messy... but according to me he looked a lot better with messy hair.