CHAPTER 30 : "I have lost you."

CHAPTER 30

ARIANA LINCOLN

Today during the lunch break I have to meet Nick. And I need a lot of courage to tell him everything except Alessandro being in the mafia of course.

And our marriage.

And why I left Sicily.

And about Ian.

Jesus! No! This means I can't tell him anything.

Fuck. What am I gonna say?

Shit. This shit is annoying.

I wanna cry.

I was working in my office when I got a call on the office phone.

"Yes, This is Ariana Lincoln from the AD-"

Before I could complete my sentence the person on the other side spoke "In my room, now."

Before I could reply he hung up.

I rolled my eyes.

This man is annoying as fuck.

Can he not make his own coffee or drink whatever it is?

I am sure this time too it's one of those things.

Ugh!!!

Getting up from my seat, I made my way towards his room. After knocking I entered his office to find him walking back and forth in the room.

As he saw me he stopped walking and said "Can you believe after everything, after all the hardwork after having a full proof plan he got away? That motherfucker got away once again."

At first I was confused as to what this was all about. All this frustration. Then it hit me, of course it's about the person he is after. The person who is double crossing him.

"It's okay. Maybe your plan wasn't that good."

He let out a sarcastic laugh "Wasn't good? You don't know me."

I rolled my eyes "You know what, you have a flaw, you aren't perfect."

He looked at me with brows furrowed like I said something really hard to believe.

"Your problem is you always underestimate your rivals. Jesus! Everyone is not Marco! You think that all your enemies are dumb and you are the only genius one but that's not what it is. This person thinks like you. He knows what you're gonna do."

"My head is messed up Ari, especially after getting that list." He closed his eyes trying to calm himself. "You are supposed to be the first one."

"But I am alive, neither has anyone tried even once to kill me. I am fine, standing in front of you."

"He can't take this long. He is upto something. He's just taking too much time."

"Can you stop overthinking?" I said getting irritated.

He is just thinking too much about this. Maybe it was just a threatening, maybe that guy won't do anything.

Someone knocked on the door, without wasting even a second the door opened, not waiting for Alessandro's permission.

Antonio entered looking all tense.

"Brother."

"What is it?" Alessandro asked.

Antonio looked at me once, clearly he was thinking if to say this in front of me or not.

"Just say it Antonio. She knows everything." Alessandro cleared.