CHAPTER 18 : The Pain

CHAPTER 18

ARIANA D'ANGELO

Last night we returned from Florence, the best surprise ever. It was already 6 in the evening, time to leave the office. I arranged my stuff Nick offered to give me a drive back home but I couldn't accept it... first now I stay with Aless and the second reason Lorenzo was already at the parking lot waiting for me.

"See ya tomorrow boss." Fred said, smiling widely.

"Why do you look so happy?" I asked.

He giggled "Have a date tonight!"

"Boss the intern doesn't deserve us you know." Nick commented from behind as we were moving out of our office.

"Why?" Fred questioned.

"Of course you don't. We always work our asses off and here you are partying almost everyday."

I chuckled.

These two fight like kids.

As we reached in front of the reception, Rosalie called me "Ariana there's a man waiting for you in the waiting area."

"Who?" I asked to which she just shrugged.

"You two can leave, I'll meet the visitor."

Both nodded, replying at the same time "Yes boss."

"And yes both of you intern and you Mr. We work our ass off all the time, I want some new ideas from both of you regarding the current project we are working on."

"Yes boss!" Both replied in unison, saluting in front of me.

I shook my head "Leave now."

I was making my way towards the waiting area when Rosalie called me "Ariana, everyone has left already. I too am leaving, before you go, just ask the guard to lock the doors and once check if everything is fine."

She threw a key set at me and I caught it "Don't forget."

I nodded "See ya."

She picked her stuff and hugged me once "Good night."

The waiting area was a completely different room only for visitors. As I entered the waiting area there stood a man, his back facing towards me.

"Excuse me, this is Ariana Lincoln you were looking for me." As I said, the person in front of me turned around.

My heart stopped for a moment on seeing him.

No. Not this man.

Not him again.

Everything in my life is just perfect, not him, not now... not ever.

"Ari." He spoke, making me stumble back. He smiled moving close to me "How have you been?"

While moving my back hit the door stopping me.

No.

"Don't run away, I am not here to hurt you."

He will hurt me. I know, he always has and he will do the same.

"W-Why a-are you here, D-Dad?" I stuttered.

Jesus! I am scared!

"I want something. Something only you can give me." He stood right in front of me, my eyes were glued to the floor not daring to look at him.

Though I have become stronger than I was earlier but not in front of him... This man reminds me of pain and only pain.

"I-I c-can't do anything f-for you let me go please."