CHAPTER 21 : Her Life, His Life.

CHAPTER 21

6 YEARS LATER

ARIANA LINCOLN

"Once again! Once again you failed me! I don't know how many more chances you need to prove yourself." My boss yelled at me.

I stood at one place with my head held down taking in whatever he was saying.

I don't know, I just don't feel like working here. In fact working anywhere other than my previous workplace. I just hate every place. I want to work back in Sicily where I could do everything on my own, Bruno used to scold me but he didn't ever stop me from doing what I wanted.

In here, I just don't get the same vibe.

"Any special person you want to work on?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Christ! Ariana I am tired of you! What do you want to do?" Again he started yelling. "In your resume you had so many achievements then why can't I see anything now?"

"I have a story." I answered.

"Other than the people dying from poverty."

That made me shut my mouth.

"See! You don't have anything else."

"But it's a good story, if we share the poor problems with the people, then might be the authorities could see this side and sort their problem."

"Ariana, nobody cares about the poor these days. People are just interested in gossips. They just wanna know about other people."

"We can help the poor-"

"Oh shut up! Clearly you don't have anything interesting once again."

"That's because I am focused on a particular topic."

"Are you really arguing with me on this?"

There was a knock on the door, he answered with a 'come in'. Benjamin entered the room with a wide smile on his lips and in his hand a box.

"Boss! Guess what?" He exclaimed.

Not again.

"I have got the perfect news for you." He smirked at me making me roll my eyes.

"Thank God! I have someone to save me from this helpless situation. You are always the saviour, Benjamin." The boss answered, relief in his tone.

The boss then looked at me "I think you should take some classes from him, I can make you his junior."

"His junior?" I asked in disbelief.

The boss smiled "You like the idea, don't you?"

I slammed my hand on his desk "I'll prefer dying penniless than being his junior." I glared at Benjamin for one last time and muttered "Ape" before leaving the office.

"Hey, what did you say?" Benjamin shouted from the boss's office. "Ariana come back here and say it to my face."

I opened the office door one more time and repeated "Ape! I called you an ape." Again I closed the door, I heard him saying things which I didn't care to pay attention to.

I sat on my seat and pulled my hair in frustration "Bunch of animals!"

I put my head down on the desk "I hate this place. I hate it here. I hate this place so much!"

I don't know why am I even working here when I have nothing in my favor, when I hate everyone, when everyone hates me! There's no point in being here.

I looked up and switched the laptop on.