CHAPTER 25 : "You Broke Us."

CHAPTER 25

ARIANA LINCOLN

I was working until lunchtime when suddenly someone knocked on my office room. I looked up when Alessandro entered the room.

"It's lunch break, I've ordered burgers, join me."

"No thank you, I'll be going to the canteen."

"I told you, we need to talk about Ian while he is not around so join me." Without waiting for my reply he exited my office.

I sighed in frustration.

What the fuck is his problem!? I don't want to have any conversation with him. Is it so hard to understand?

Closing the laptop and file, I made my way towards his office. He was seated straight on the sofa waiting for me. I sat on the other one.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked directly.

He picked up a burger from the table and extended it towards me. I looked at the burger once then back at him and shook my head 'no'.

"Thank you but I ain't hungry. Just tell me what did you want to talk about?"

"Ari, take it."

"I told you, I am not hungry."

"Christ! For once can you stop fighting? It's just food."

"I don't want anything from you. Till now you wanted to do everything for Ian, I have allowed it but I don't try to get involved in my life."

"Fine." He rested the burger back on the table. "Go and have your lunch, we can talk later."

"No. It's fine. Tell me what it is?"

"It's an order Ms. Lincoln. Leave."

Not wanting to extend the matter anymore I got up from the sofa and left his office. As I reached the canteen, I bought my food and called Charlotte.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Charlotte, is Ian home?" I asked.

"Yes, Ariana. Lorenzo just dropped him."

"Can you pass the phone to him, please?"

"Sure. Wait a minute."

She shouted Ian's name a few times then finally I heard his voice.

"Yes?" My baby's voice came from the other side.

"Hey, how was school?"

"Good. I made a new friend." He answered but didn't sound happy.

"What is it baby? Are you not happy to have a friend?"

"That's not it Mommy. Everyone here knows the Italian language but I do not. The kids were treating me like I am some alien."

"But still one of them talked to you, right? He is your friend now."

"Yes Mommy. He was the only normal one among so many."

I chuckled at his comment "Okay, what's this friend's name?"

"Elio. He is a lone wolf in the class just like me. So since we were alike we became friends. Easy peasy."

"Good to know baby. Now do you want Mommy to bring you something while I return."

"Umm.... let me think." He thought for a moment then replied "Yes!!!! DONUTS!"

"Of course, it's donuts."

He giggled from the other side.

"Now, I'll be hanging up. I have work."