CHAPTER 9 : The Spy.

CHAPTER 9

ALESSANDRO D'ANGELO

It was late when I returned home... my home... There's nothing like home here, it is just a house like the mansion. When I am with Ari it's the only time I feel at home, I have asked her a lot of times to move in with me to the penthouse but her reply always 'When you'll tell everyone who Ariana is to you, that day I'll move in with you and trust me that day you don't even have to ask me. I don't want to be addressed as the billionaire's slut.'

Serving the food I sat on a stool in the kitchen.

That day when Oliver told me about her I thought I would regret marrying this mysterious woman so I planned killing him but the first time I saw her my heart almost stopped.

She looked beautiful.

I just couldn't take my eyes off her, the way those brown orbs roamed all over the house in amazement... I couldn't even think of anything for a moment my mind just went blank. I could feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest. Never in my entire life did I feel the way I did that day for any woman.

But the marks on her neck were clear for me to understand what Oliver may have caused her.

I have tried a lot to make her hate me but nothing seems to work at all. The time when I started realising that she was developing feeling for me I did my best to avoid her. I wouldn't leave a chance to hurt her with my words. No matter how rude I would be but she never stopped loving me.

I still remember the day I said the most hurtful thing to her. She looked so broken. When I thought to tell her those words I didn't know she would look so broken.

We both laid on the bed, her one hand rested on my chest and my hand on her waist and with my other hand I played with her hair.

I don't know why instead of working, I am on the bed with her fulfilling her wish of cuddling. Since the time I returned from work she has been making pouty-faces for me to cuddle with her and that face is too precious to say no.

"How was your day?" She asked.

"Nothing exciting. What about you?"

She shook her head "Nothing. Just a normal day." She hugged my waist and took a long breath. "Everything has changed."

"What has changed?"

"You, me... us." She said the 'us' in a low voice clearly not wanting me to hear.

I didn't reply.

I know what has changed. It's not you... it's me.

You are still the Ariana I met on day one... but a little more confident you have become.

"I miss us."

"I can't romance with you all the time, Ari."

She nodded "I understand."

Christ! I hate myself.

"Can you answer one question, please?"

"What?"

"A-Are y-you dating someone?"

I pulled away from her "What? Why would you even think that?"

She bit her lips looking down.

"Ari? What made you think that I am dating someone?" I don't remember having any controversies with any women.

Again she remained quiet.

"I am talking to you."

"It's nothing." She sat up on the bed and was about to leave when I held her hand making her stay where she was.