CHAPTER 31 : A Brotherly Conversation

CHAPTER 31

ALESSANDRO D'ANGELO

I am just stuck in a fucked up situation. I want her close to me always, all the time my hands are aching to hold her.

While we were returning back to work she didn't speak a word.

I know I shouldn't have said that but I couldn't help it. I hate to talk about that topic but she always brings it up. I just want to avoid it because I fear in my frustration I might utter the truth.

But now the problem is she isn't gonna talk to me. Though we don't talk, we fight most of the time, atleast I get to hear her.

I called through the office phone, she picked up after few rings "Yes?"

"Make me a drink, now." Without replying she hung up.

After a few minutes, there was a knock on the door. I muttered 'come in' Ari entered with a tray in her hand. She placed the mug beside me on the table.

Not a single word and she was about to leave when I spoke "Did I say you could leave?"

She stopped and turned to face me.

"I asked for a drink, it's coffee."

She didn't reply, instead her eyes remained glued to the floor, with her hand clutching on the tray tightly.

"I'm talking to you."

Again all I received was silence from her.

I rose up from my seat and made my way towards her. I stood close to her and made her look up by placing my hand on her chin. She stared straight at me.

If looks could kill....

"When your boss asks you something you must reply or it'll be considered as a disrespect to him."

"If your boss is an asshole, you can't help but avoid him." Finally she spoke.

"An asshole?" I took a step closer, and she moved back. I kept moving until her back hit the wall.

I placed my hand on the wall to guard her.

"S-Sir-" she uttered.

I stared at those brown orbs, innocent as always. Her innocence is one of the things that attracts me towards her and makes me desperate for this woman.

Christ! Six years I have been away from her. I want her so badly. I am craving for her.

My eyes moved down to her lips, they were a bit opening and closing from time to time. It looks so tempting. The room was completely silent, I guess that's why I could hear her heartbeat.

I pushed her hair back from her shoulders. She was about to speak when I placed a finger on her lips.

"Shh..." My thumb traced over her lips slowly. She closed her eyes. And her hands resting on either side of her, clutching onto the dress tightly.

I bent down and placed a light kiss on her right cheek. My hand travelled to hers, I released them from fisting and interwined mine with hers. I kissed her nose. My lips were about to touch hers when she opened her eyes, and pushed me back lightly.

Though I am dying to kiss her, I wouldn't do something she is not comfortable with. I took a deep breath "You're really testing my limits." Last time placing a kiss on her forehead I moved back.

"I will be late tonight. Ask Ian not to wait. I will join for breakfast though."

She just nodded once and left the room, as if she was dying to get away from the awkwardness. I rubbed my face with my hands.