CHAPTER 29 : A Family Dinner

CHAPTER 29

ARIANA LINCOLN

Today was really frustrating at work. I sat on the bed with my eyes closed trying to relax.

This is what I have been trying to do... staying away from the people I hate or love, for six years I did that but now it is back. This mess.

If this is upto me I am okay with it, if it affects Ian in any way I wouldn't think of taking him away from this place.

I heard a knock on the door, so I went and opened the door. Ian stood with his arms folded looking all mad. But damn my baby is so cute.

He ran inside the room and got up on the bed. He sat on the bed with his arms folded, looking away from me trying to be mad.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I am mad." He replied still looking away.

"And why is that?"

He jumped up standing on the bed and pointed at me "Because you didn't come to find me after returning from work! Dad too came to see me."

I rolled my eyes "Jesus! You are such a drama queen."

This time he rolled his eyes on me "How many times do I have to tell everyone I am no queen?" He called me closer, I went towards the bed. He held both my shoulders and said "Listen Mommy, there's a difference. Julia is a girl and I am a boy. Julia can be a queen but I cannot be a queen... I can be a king... so Julia. Girl. Queen... Ian. Boy. King."

I sat on the bed pulling him to my lap "Did you roll your eyes on me?"

"Oops!" He covered his mouth, making an oops face.

"It's not your fault, it's me who has spoiled you."

"No you haven't. I am a good boy." He kissed my cheek "And you are the best Mommy!"

I pinched his right cheek "I know that."

"One more thing, there's a ba-barb... cue... Oh no! I forgot what it was! Dad has prepared something in the backyard he asked you to join us."

"Barbecue?" I asked seeing him struggle.

"Oh yes yes. Barb." He confirmed finding himself a short form for barbecue.

"But isn't it cold outside?"

"Come on Mommy just today, let's have a family dinner." He got off the bed. Before he could run away I held him and made him wear a jacket covering his head too for which he looked irritated.

He literally dragged me to the backyard.

As we reached the backyard, I saw Aless was setting the dinner table.

"Dad! Mommy is here!" Ian yelled running towards Aless.

Aless looked at Ian and smiled "Come on help me setting this up."

Ian looked at the table searching for something then said "I'll go get us coke." He ran back to the house.

This boi! He is really excited.

I made my way towards the dinner table, where Aless was. He wore a light pink hoodie and black sweats, the sleeves of his hoodie were rolled upto his elbow.

While he was setting up the table I stared at him, thinking about today's incident.

Today I did something which I shouldn't have done. It was wrong... so wrong.

I hugged him.

I know I shouldn't have yet I did. At that point I wasn't thinking straight. I wasn't. He was in so much stress, I was too so it was the best thing I thought I could do to help both of us.