More Then Just a Teacher

Dedicated to Charlii93 cause her comments make my day! 

The freshmen flooded into the room as I made my way to my seat behind Mr. Clark’s desk. I worked on my math assignment as he stood in front of the class and talked about whatever. Once I finished passing out the tests I walked back to my seat and just decided to doodle on my notebook. My pen was suddenly slapped out of my grip by an olive colored hand. I looked up and glared at Mr. Clark’s amused face.

“What was that for?” I whispered.

“You weren’t paying attention to me.” He whined.

“So you knock my pencil out of my hand?” I groaned. He shrugged smirking at me as he leaned his head on his hand. I rolled my eyes and thought about our relationship. It as a little odd considering I was his student and he was my teacher. I mean I wasn’t even this comfortable with Chris. Maybe Blake was right, maybe we are just made for each other, but that’s just Blake. I shouldn’t listen to him. I haven’t been working with Mr. Clark for long but I feel like…I just connect with him. It’s easy to be comfortable around him. There is not awkward tension that usually goes along with being alone with a teacher. Mr. Clark was just a big kid. He made me feel normal. His smirk fell when he turned his head to stare down one of his students.

“Do me a favor Riley.” He said without looking away from the student. “Go get me Randy’s test.” I looked over at where he was looking trying to find the kid named Randy. I wasn’t very lucky.

“Which one is Randy?”

“The fat kid whose cheating like an idiot.” I looked over and saw a chubby kid leaning over his desk to look at the kid’s test in front of him. I laughed at how obvious he was making it. I got up and took his test right off his desk.

“What the hell!” he complained. “I’m not done yet.” I bit back the very rude and hurtful comment I was about to throw his way for yelling at me.

“Yeah, I can see that.” I mumbled walking away and handing Mr. Clark his test. He chuckled and shook his head.

“I’m proud of you.”

“Why, I didn’t do anything special.” I shrugged.

“I saw you restrain yourself from biting his head off. Good job.” I laughed and picked up my pencil off the floor only to have it knocked out of my hand again. I groaned and looked over at Mr. Clark’s annoying but incredibly cute smile.

“Why!” I groaned.

“It’s fun annoying you.” He laughed giving me a red pen. “Here grade his test.” I nodded and graded the 5 questions he answered. He got an F as expected; I don’t even know why he wanted me to grade it. Mr. Clark took the test from me and wrote something on the top. I laughed when I read it to myself

4/50 next time, you try to cheat in my class it would be nice if you could remember that I’m neither blind nor stupid. If you can’t do that much, try to remind yourself that I make every test different. Here’s a good idea! Why don’t you try studying next time?J

“You are so rude.” I laughed.

“You can give it back to him now.” I got up and gave the test back to Randy. The look on his face was priceless. It took everything I had not to take a picture. I made my way back to my seat and picked up my pencil once again. Surprisingly it wasn’t knocked out of my hand this time. Instead, he just started a conversation like a normal person would. “How well do you now Blake?” he asked leaning his face against his hand.