2. Family Affairs

part 2

“That sounded…exciting.” Lyle sighed after we had told him about what happened at Carla’s house only an hour ago. Bella had to get back to the shack before Chris noticed she was gone. Blake and I were at Lyle’s house now still a bit shaken up by the whole thing.

“Did…did you know that she…tortured things?” Blake asked. Lyle raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“What?”

“She like…tortures animals like crazy baby serial killers do.” Blake said. Lyle bit his lip and made a face in disgust.

“Um…no. I mean I know she stepped on a fish one time on accident.”

“How do you accidently step on a fish.” I asked confused. “Aren’t they always in some kind of container covered in water?” Blake laughed.

“She told me that when Bella was little she they had this gold fish named Peppy. Bella loved the thing and she would never leave it alone. Well one day Bella decided to take Peppy out of the bowl because she was a little kid she didn’t understand what would happen. Peppy squirmed flew out of her hands in walks Carla and that was the end of Peppy.” I scoffed.

“That’s not what Bella told us.”

“What did Bella tell you?”

“Bella said,” Blake explained. “That she won this awesome fish at a fair. About a week after the fair Bella sees Carla looking at the fish funny. She asked what the fish was doing Carla didn’t say anything she completely ignored her. Out of nowhere Carla reaches into the bowl and takes Peppy out and drops him on the ground. Bella starts screaming saying that Peppy is going to die, but Carla doesn’t do anything. She just stands there and watches the things flop around and then she stomps on him.” I cringed hearing the story again.

“Wow…” Lyle sighed. He put his arm around me and pulled me in. “You haven’t stomped on any fish have you?” I smiled and shook my head. No but I’ve killed a man. I knew he was trying to make a sweet gesture and lighten the mood so I decided not to sour it and keep the comment to myself.

“Does Carla call you a lot?” I asked. He rubbed his forehead and nodded.

“But I just stopped answering. I was mad that I answered today she called on a private number and I thought it was you.” I nodded and moved in closer.

“I’m happy for you guys.” I looked up to see Blake smiling at the two of us. “Now I would like to take this moment to rub it in both of your faces that I totally called it and I told you so.” I laughed. “No I’m going to sing my I told you so song.” We both groaned. “Oh Blake is always right! Blake is always right! Who’s right? Blake’s right! Blake is always right! I told you so! You didn’t listen! I told you so! Now stop your bitchin! I was right you were wrong! Blake is always right!”

“That song is so stupid!” Lyle laughed.