He Stole My Youth or She Stole My Dog

“Happy birthday Riley!” I smiled at up at my daddy, my heart pounding. Although he was not my biological father, he was the closest thing I had to a dad. “How old are you now?” I stood at his desk with my hands behind my back. I had no idea what to do with them, so I just played with my fingers sitting and waiting for whatever he was going to do next. He was so unpredictable, I just had to sit and wait whenever I was around him. But that’s why I loved him. He was my daddy. I watched as he finished rolling his joint and answered his question.

“13.” He smiled as he placed the joint in his mouth and lit it.

“Growing up.” He mumbled. “I remember a few years ago when you were only 10.” He chuckled to himself. “Come here.” I walked over and sat on his lap. “You ever try weed? I know you like to help Bella in the back shack and you sell it for me at your school sometimes but have you ever tried it?” I shook my head. He took the joint out of his mouth and passed it to me. “It’s easy. Just put it in your mouth and inhale nice and deep so it swirls around in your lungs.” I nodded and did what he said. “Keep it in there.” It tasted funny, and I was getting scared that keeping it in my system like this was going to hurt me or something. “Not blow it out.” I blew it out and coughed. He smiled and rubbed my back. “That’s my girl.” He cooed. “How you feel.”

“Good, I guess.” I said handing the joint back to him.

“I’m going to ask you a question.”

“Okay.” I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close so my back was pressed against his chest. He pulled the hair from behind me neck and kissed me on my neck. I squirmed, it always gave me butterflies when he did that.

“Have you had sex with my son?” I shook my head. Ricky and I had done…several things but we had never had sex. Not yet at least. We had come close but he always stopped me. He smiled in my neck. “Use words baby.”

“No,” I mumbled, “No we haven’t.”

“Good,” he continued to kiss up my jaw. I shivered. “Do you remember the first time we…” I cringed at the memory and made a move to get off his lap, but he tightened his grip on me. “No baby, don’t leave. I want to say sorry. I didn’t want to do what I did. I was just so angry with you. You can’t ever do that again.” He ran his teeth down my neck.

“I promise I won’t.” I whispered.

“I know you won’t. You’re a good girl. You’re my best girl. I just feel so horrible about what I did to you baby. I shouldn’t have done that to you.” I frowned and turned to look at him.

“You’re the father. The father disciplines the children.” He looked in my eyes and frowned.

“I don’t like disciplining you. I hate it.” I smiled and kissed him. I loved him. “I want to give you a birthday present.” I smiled. “You want to make Ricky happy don’t you?” I nodded. “I’ll teach you how to make him happy. Besides I want to make up for what I did to you the last time, on your last birthday.” My smile grew bigger. “But first I need you to do something for me. We need to go out and make an appearance and establish a deal. I’m taking you with me.”