The Trush Shall Find You Out

Mr. Clark never told me why he hated his father so much. He spent most of his time checking to see if I was okay. I was, now that I was back on my medicine I felt great. Ronnie and Mari decided to stay in Arizona to stay close to Darcy, Lyle, and Johanna, I had a feeling they were worried about me too. They had nothing holding them down to New York, so they decided to move down here permanently. I’m actually really happy about that, and so was Lyle.

Lyle still doesn’t remember anything that happened from that night but I guess that’s for the best. If he had remember all the personal things he said to me that night, he’d probably start pushing me away in fear of losing his job and destroying his marriage. He said I’m much more leveled out now that I’m back on my medicine. Even though I had never stopped taking it, I had a feeling about what happened. Titan said that he believed that I had never stopped taking it; he said that he thought someone might have been messing with it. When he said that I knew exactly what happened. And Blake confirmed it for me when he said that Bella told him Ricky had been asking her to makes some weird powder.

“You okay?” Mr. Clark asked as we graded tests.

“Oh yeah I’m fine.” Gracie got an F.

“You looked pissed.” I shrugged. “Riley what’s wrong?” oh my god can’t he take a hint.

“Look I don’t want to talk about it.” I mumbled.

“After all we’ve been through? You don’t want to talk about something?” I glared at him.

“No I don’t want to talk about it.” He got up and took the seat next to me. He took the pen out of my hand and forced me to look into the big chocolate brown eyes. I shivered, why do you have to be married?

“You can tell me anything. You know that right?” I nodded. “Then why won’t you let me in Riley?”

“I could ask you the same thing.” He sighed and moved back to his seat.

“Fine.” He huffed, I felt horrible. I didn’t want to be mean to him, but I just couldn’t tell him. He already knows too much about Ricky, I can’t tell him anymore. Not because I don’t want him to know, I just want him to be safe. Ricky is insane and if he finds out anything about Lyle, he wouldn’t hesitate to kill him to make sure I was his forever.

Renee had her baby a few days before New Year’s so now I was taking over her shift, which kind of sucks because I won’t get home till 11 but whatever. Money is Money. By the time I got home I wanted to crawl under a rock, go to sleep, and never wake up again. Unfortunately I couldn’t do that, because the issue of my boyfriend sabotaging my medicine was still at hand. When I walked in Ricky was sitting on my counter smoking a cigarette. 

“You’re home late.” He said hopping down. “I was about to call you.” I ignored him and walked into the kitchen. “Are you working later or something?” I didn’t say anything I just continued to make my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. “Hello?” nothing. “Alright,” he said putting out his cigarette. “You want to play that game? We can play that game.” Before I could even blink he had me pinned up against the refrigerator and was glaring in my face. “You know I don’t like to be ignored.” He growled. I turned my head and glared down at the ground so he couldn’t see the fear I’m sure was coated all over my eyes. “Say hello.”