Introducing Tina

It’s Thursday…Lyle get’s married in three days.

“So Lyle, are you excited about Friday night?” Blake smiled. Lyle looked at him confused and a little frightened by his smile.

“What’s going on Friday night?”

“You’re bachelor party of course!” he groaned and shook his head.

“Yeah, I’m not having one.”

“Why not?” Blake pouted.

“Because-”

“Because 75% percent of all men who have a bachelor party end up cheating on their spouse the night or week before the weeding and the other 25% end up with cold feet.” I jumped at the unfamiliar voice. I looked over my shoulder surprised to see a woman standing in the doorway. I hadn’t even heard the door open. She looked to be the same age as Lyle and Blake. She was really pretty. She had tan skin and wavy dark hair. She rested her hand on her hip, as she stood tall in her heels. She gave off this arrogant and in charge kind of vibe. There was something about her that just said, don’t fuck with me.

“Is that true?” Blake asked.

“I don’t know.” 

“Oh dear God.” Lyle mumbled rubbing his temples. “You guys can’t just spontaneously visit me. This is where I work, you guys are going to get me fired!” Lyle groaned.

“Oh please Lyle, don’t act like you do serious work around here. I’ve been talking to some of your students and I know what kind of teacher you are. I’m surprised they haven’t fired you already for not caring enough.” She said as she walked in examining the room. Her eyes finally landed on me. She didn’t say anything to me. She just stared at me for a while.

“Tina, you can’t march around the school with a visitors pass pretending to be a reporter and interrogate my students. What are you doing here anyway? I thought you moved to Georgia to become a therapist.” Lyle asked.

“Yeah, that didn’t work out.”

“What happened?” Blake asked genuinely interested.

“I hate people. So I’m becoming a wedding planner for the week.”

“We don’t need a wedding planner Tina! We’re going to sneak into a museum and get married in front of a vase. There isn’t much to plan!”

“Oh yeah? Who’s all going to be there? What happens if security catches you, you’re going to need an escape route. Where are you going to eat after? What, are you going to have the reception at McDonalds? I don’t thinks so! Where are you going to get your cake, the grocery store? Where are you going to eat your shitty $15.00 piece of cake? A bench? Where are you guys going to have your first dance, because you two are going to have a first dance! Where’s it going to be, in the middle of a food court at the mall? No! This was a cute idea Lyle and I applauded you for coming up with it, but I would rather die then to see this whole thing go up in flames.”