Thank You Presents

“Best Halloween party ever!” Hannah cheered as I opened my locker. I flinched and groaned at the thought of that stupid party. I was so annoyed! I was stuck in that stupid little slutty outfit and I couldn’t take a single drink out of the fear of being raped. Hannah was having a blast. I guess the best part of the night was coming home to an empty house, and not Ricky sitting on the counter waiting for me. He hasn’t come over in a while. I wouldn’t dare say I missed him!

But…

“I’ll see you at the end of day!” Hannah chirped. “Have fun with your babe Mr. Clark.” She winked and skipped off to class as I rolled my eyes. I walked down the hallways to Mr. Clark’s classroom.

“Hey Riley.” Lyle smiled at me as I walked into the room. I had become more comfortable calling him Lyle when we were by ourselves lately. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad because that little fluttery feeling I get whenever he’s around, and that stupid little crush that was supposed to go away never did.

In fact…it was only getting worse.

“Hey.” I said as I sat in my seat. “How was the Halloween party?” I laughed remember the little argument he had with Carla about what to dress up as. “Did you have fun dressed up as prince Adam?” I teased.

“Ha, Ha.” He laughed sarcastically. “I didn’t go.”

“What? Why not?” he shrugged and leaned back in his chair.

“Carla had to work last minute so Blake and I went to some other party.”

“What did you dress up as?”

“Army soldiers.” He winked at me as I shook my head. “I met his lady.” That caught my attention. Blake introduced Bella to Lyle? Wouldn’t he be scared that he would recognize her? Maybe go running off to his girlfriend after beating Blake’s ass for dating his fiancé’s missing sister for all these years and not saying a word. “Don’t look so shocked.” He chuckled and it immediately put me at ease. “I didn’t get to see her face and she gave me a fake name.”

“Why?” I laughed; Blake was all over that. There was no way he was going to let anyone take away his Bella.  

“She’s a runaway and she didn’t want me calling the cops just in case I saw her picture around or something. I understand living a life like that you can’t really trust anything.” I scoffed. You’re telling me.

“Well at least you got to finally meet her. Did you like her?”

“Yeah she’s cool. He’s crazy about her, I’m glade he’s happy.” I smiled; I loved Bella and Blake. They were perfect for each other. Sometimes I would wish me and Ricky would be like that, but then I realize how insane Ricky really is and how that could never happen.

“Do you have a boyfriend Riley?” I had to seriously think about that question. Why do I feel like he’s asked me this question before?   

“Didn’t you already ask me this?”

“I think so…might have forgotten. You’re dating Tyron right?” my stomach turned.

“No.” I scoffed.

“Well he likes you then.”

“Yeah…” I sighed. “I know and it’s annoying.” He laughed at me as I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Why?”

“Because I don’t like him.” I shrugged my shoulders. Why else? 

“Well do you have boyfriend?” he asked arching one of his eyebrows. What was I supposed to say to that? No…but I do have this guy that just shows up at my house to have sex. He did ask me to go out with him again the last time he was over, but then he promptly called me crazy.