2

Cat couldn't sleep and was up at like 5 am. She did what she had to to be ready for school. It wasn't even 6 by the time she was ready. She didn't have to be in class until 8, so she decided to go to the skatepark for some early morning skateboard practice. 

As she was on her way out of her room she saw her reflection. "Shit," she mumbled to herself as she realized she almost forgot something. She went into her bathroom. She opened a drawer and grabbed something out. That something is her colored contacts. Brown-colored contact. Quickly she put them on. She let out a relieved sigh glad that she had caught herself before leaving the house.

Her eyes are heterochromia (aka multi-colored eyes), but she already gets bullied enough, so once she had the choice she started wearing colored contacts. She wears them when she has school or goes somewhere where she might run into people from school. She got bullied for it back in elementary. Then she went to a different middle school from her two besties, Eli and Demetri, where she also at first got bullied for it. When she moved schools back to being in the same school as E and D she already started weaning colored contacts. 

She skateboarded to the skatepark and was there by 6:15ish

She skateboarded to the skatepark and was there by 6:15ish. She wasn't the only one there. She saw her skateboarding friend, Robby. She also saw some of his friends that she didn't really like. They were trouble. They would also always mess with her, but Robby stood up for her.

Robby saw her approaching and waved to her. She waved back. He quickly finished whatever it was he was doing/talking about with his friends. He skated over to Cat. "Hey, Catty," Robby greeted her.

'Hey, Robz,' she signed. Robby was one of the people she was comfortable talking around, but his friends not so much. She met Robby a year or so after she met Demetri and Eli. Although, Robby's never met them and they've never met him.

"They can't hear you from here," Robby said. "No pressure to talk though."

Cat shrugged.

"What are you doing here at this time anyway?"

'Couldn't sleep. Still got time before school.'

Robby nodded.

—--------

Cat lost track of time and had to rush to school. She ran to her locker through the practically empty halfway and put her stuff in her locker. She then raced to make it to her class that was on the other end of the school.

She accidentally ran into someone and stumbled back. She looked up to see some boy she didn't know. 'Sorry,' she signed as she picked up her bag that she dropped before she took off down the hall again.

She walked into class, thankfully the teacher wasn't there. She saw Eli and Demetri at the table in the back. She sat down with them.

"We waited for you, but class was about to start. We didn't want to be late," Eli said quietly. The three usually all walked to class together.